Drew Brees suggests he may return to play football, do YOU want him back? (2 Viewers)

If he comes back it won’t be to be the QB for the Saints, but I think there’s 0% chance he’s considering playing. He’s just stirring the pot, probably to drive up the asking price of another network. Lol.

Keep enjoying retirement, Drew. You earned it!

I guess my thing is he's implying he'd like to come back here with the additions we made so two things come to mind. I personally think it's tongue in cheek but its still kind of a dig at Jameis like he could just come back and get his job. Secondly, it also sounds like he left because he didn't like the roster more than he was broke down which also makes him also look less like the competitor he always claims to be.

I'm not even saying he may not be able to come back and be the starter here but if he's doing it tongue in cheek its' kind of crappy to do to Winston.

I love Drew as much as the next guy but it’s seriously time to just go enjoy your family and retirement. He’s gotten nothing less to prove on the field, honestly this feels like he’s just trying to keep his name in the news plus like @Ky Saint Fan said it’s a slap in the face to Winston (who I still don’t get why he’s disrespected by some fans)

I disagree. We drafted Meach and Cooks in the first for Drew. With the issues we had last year we were going to address WR no matter who the QB was. I think Landry would be here no matter who the QB was. He’s with us because he’s from New Orleans and he was still available after the draft on a cheap deal. He probably would’ve been signed sooner had Watson been the QB since we wouldn’t have had a first and he expressed an interest in playing with Watson.

Jameis is on a 2 year deal that could be a 1 year deal. He just happens to be the QB.

Yeaaah, you're comparing 2010 Drew Brees to 2020 Drew Brees. You do draft different for 2010 Brees versus 2020 Brees.

"He just happens to be the QB". Man, that's some salty ish right there, LOL. He just happens to be the QB the same way Demario Davis, Jarvis Landry, and Mathieu Just happen to be Saints now too. A Saints contract just happened to blow under their pens as they were signing autographs somewhere?

Reminder that Brees is free to sign with anyone if he catches the itch to play again. I sincerely doubt he is coming back now but Nov/Dec is when I expect him to really be tempted to scratch that itch.

Either way, this is a separate post from his NBC situation in the other thread, this is to know what would YOU do if you were Loomis and Brees calls you and says "I want back in"...
Heard he is still under contract with the Saints on ProFootball report.

No it hasn’t. Drew wants to come back you let him compete against Winston.
Drew is my favorite player ever, but if he wants to play football again it’s in another uniform. His QB days are over due to his limitations. It happens to the best of the best

But again, he has no interest in playing football again

In a flag football league -- noodle arm and all -- Brees could still be a star, and probably remain one for another decade. His knowledge, experience, and anticipation are second-to-none.

Unfortunately ... NFL defenses tackle. They lay the wood. And Brees just can't hold up to that anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom