Drew Brees suggests he may return to play football, do YOU want him back? (1 Viewer)

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Like I needed another reason not to click on a Peter King link. Dude is the all-time take-the-bait champion.

Yep.....according to PK, SP has been going to the Cowboys since like 2010.....hack champion....

motivation2k12

Veteran
Reaction score
This is like the fifth post you've made in an hour doom and glooming Jameis, so forgive me for being just the tiniest bit doubtful that you're hoping for the best.

What do you mean that your doubtful that I’m hoping for the best ? Im a Saints fan first and foremost and I want what’s best for the team. I want us to win and nobody knows what Winston will do without Coach Payton back. Whenever Jamies made crazy yolo passes, Coach P was seen in his ear on the sidelines. He isn’t here anymore to possibly stop that or call plays. I actually think Carmichael will be just as conservative with calls to limit the ints as well. It’s a reason Saints were about to trade the bank for Watson in the off-season, but I guess we will ignore that. All I’m saying is that we have him weapons this year and it’s no excuses. Saints fans are excited and want to win now and if things go south. Don’t be surprised if the rumors start. I’m excited about the season, but I’m also realistic.

JohnnyCash

#WDN4L
Reaction score
What do you mean that your doubtful that I’m hoping for the best ? Im a Saints fan first and foremost and I want what’s best for the team. I want us to win and nobody knows what Winston will do without Coach Payton back. Whenever Jamies made crazy yolo passes, Coach P was seen in his ear on the sidelines. He isn’t here anymore to possibly stop that or call plays. I actually think Carmichael will be just as conservative with calls to limit the ints as well. It’s a reason Saints were about to trade the bank for Watson in the off-season, but I guess we will ignore that. All I’m saying is that we have him weapons this year and it’s no excuses. Saints fans are excited and want to win now and if things go south. Don’t be surprised if the rumors start. I’m excited about the season, but I’m also realistic.
W
Wow! What the hell do you want from the guy? His QB ranking was top 5 in the league. He threw 14 TDs to only 3 Ints. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Why the pessimism and all of the "He's got no excuses" garbage? C'mon dude. Can you judge him based off his play on the football field? Geez

jahsoul357

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My view is if we build a scheme based on his strengths (ironically enough, the offense that we ran in Drew's prime checks those boxes), we will just have to sit and let it ride. As I mentioned before, single digit interceptions from our offense is recency bias, as our offense has seen its fair share of being top 5 in that category. Everyone is talking about limiting interceptions but Drew was throwing 22 here and 19 there. I went back and looked at games and advanced stats and not saying that Jameis didn't make his mistakes, but a Dirk Koetter/Bruce Arians offense leaves very little room for any, and Tom Brady couldn't even play a complete season in a scaled down version of it. I just hope we open up the offense and let whatever happens, happen.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Drew IMO has much too much pride to come back in a obvious diminished capacity. More likely he was just totally in jest or was trying to enhance any negotiations with a network this year. He is one of the all time bests in the NFL and he knows that the right thing to do is stay retired.

BIGRON

EASY
Reaction score
Offensive Assistant in the press box only. No media contact, let our coaches and players create their own legacy.

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
Aint no nostalgia to this....he has to be able to do the job....his last outing in the B&G was for 134 yards 1TD, 3INTs in the playoffs...if he can't get it done, he can't get it done. We don't owe him anything, he's made plenty for what he helped bring us.

Going a little further....I wonder if some of you are more Brees fans than Saints fans.... because as a Saints fan I saw what he had left 2 years ago, it wasn't much, and now some of you are saying he has a right to the QB1 spot if he wants it?!?!?! Maybe I'm going crazy
I have to say, I'm really surprised (1) this thread has so few pages and (2) the overwhelming opinion - thus far - is we're good/we don't need him back. You're to be commended for going all in on Winston going forward... My god, I wish I had a time machine and went back 10 years ago and told you in the future you'd be defending Winston and brushing aside Brees. You can't make this stuff up!

IF (huge if) #9 wants to come back and be part of this team, he's got my full support.
Nah - I’ve been doing “this” before Brees entered middle school.

Not going to hand him over the keys to the car either - he’d have to earn the spot, especially with Payton gone.

I just think the idea is fascinating, and if he’s still got something to contribute, go for it. Likely going nowhere, but an interesting story line.

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
C'MON DREW!!!! This team NEEDED you to play ONE GAME last year against the Dolphins that would have put us in the playoffs and you REFUSED.... I AM ROLLING WITH WINSTON.

motivation2k12

Veteran
Reaction score
W

Wow! What the hell do you want from the guy? His QB ranking was top 5 in the league. He threw 14 TDs to only 3 Ints. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Why the pessimism and all of the "He's got no excuses" garbage? C'mon dude. Can you judge him based off his play on the football field? Geez

Go back and watch that week 2 game at Carolina last year. I want you to watch for the yolo interceptions and tell me who was waiting for him on the sidelines and if that same guy is here this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom