Drew Brees suggests he may return to play football, do YOU want him back? (3 Viewers)

Offensive Assistant in the press box only. No media contact, let our coaches and players create their own legacy.

Aint no nostalgia to this....he has to be able to do the job....his last outing in the B&G was for 134 yards 1TD, 3INTs in the playoffs...if he can't get it done, he can't get it done. We don't owe him anything, he's made plenty for what he helped bring us.

Going a little further....I wonder if some of you are more Brees fans than Saints fans.... because as a Saints fan I saw what he had left 2 years ago, it wasn't much, and now some of you are saying he has a right to the QB1 spot if he wants it?!?!?! Maybe I'm going crazy
I have to say, I'm really surprised (1) this thread has so few pages and (2) the overwhelming opinion - thus far - is we're good/we don't need him back. You're to be commended for going all in on Winston going forward... My god, I wish I had a time machine and went back 10 years ago and told you in the future you'd be defending Winston and brushing aside Brees. You can't make this stuff up!

IF (huge if) #9 wants to come back and be part of this team, he's got my full support.
Nah - I’ve been doing “this” before Brees entered middle school.

Not going to hand him over the keys to the car either - he’d have to earn the spot, especially with Payton gone.

I just think the idea is fascinating, and if he’s still got something to contribute, go for it. Likely going nowhere, but an interesting story line.

C'MON DREW!!!! This team NEEDED you to play ONE GAME last year against the Dolphins that would have put us in the playoffs and you REFUSED.... I AM ROLLING WITH WINSTON.

W

Wow! What the hell do you want from the guy? His QB ranking was top 5 in the league. He threw 14 TDs to only 3 Ints. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Why the pessimism and all of the "He's got no excuses" garbage? C'mon dude. Can you judge him based off his play on the football field? Geez

Go back and watch that week 2 game at Carolina last year. I want you to watch for the yolo interceptions and tell me who was waiting for him on the sidelines and if that same guy is here this year.

"He just happens to be the QB". Man, that's some salty ish right there, LOL. He just happens to be the QB the same way Demario Davis, Jarvis Landry, and Mathieu Just happen to be Saints now too. A Saints contract just happened to blow under their pens as they were signing autographs somewhere?

It’s what it is. We offered the moon to replace Winston with Watson. Then signed him to a 2 year deal that could be a 1 year deal. So no I don’t believe we gave up all of that draft capital for Olave just because Jameis is our QB this year. I think we went and got a player we liked at a position of need for whoever the QB is the next five years.

I have to say, I'm really surprised (1) this thread has so few pages and (2) the overwhelming opinion - thus far - is we're good/we don't need him back. You're to be commended for going all in on Winston going forward... My god, I wish I had a time machine and went back 10 years ago and told you in the future you'd be defending Winston and brushing aside Brees. You can't make this stuff up!

IF (huge if) #9 wants to come back and be part of this team, he's got my full support.

Funny thing is, a time machine back to May 2012 would take us to a time when the general public knew hardly anything about Winston.

He didn't get his first collegiate start until 2013. It just kinda FEELS like he's been around forever.

Saw Stephen A. Saying Saints should reunite with Brees or vice versus... My first thought was could have Payton and Brees not gotten along with each other at the end? The reason both are "retired"... thinking I should never listen to Stephen A. ever again lol

Saw Stephen A. Saying Saints should reunite with Brees or vice versus... My first thought was could have Payton and Brees not gotten along with each other at the end? The reason both are "retired"... thinking I should never listen to Stephen A. ever again lol
Saw that too. It’s ridiculous.

Side note: was listening to Keyshawn Johnson this morning talking about it. He said “not coming from my nephew (MT), there were others in the Saints organization that thought Jameis was the better option in 2020”. Just passing along what he said. Before anyone gets annoyed by what he said, remember that Keyshawn was the first person to say (on record) that he believed SP would retire after last year…..as he had a close relationship with SP. Not saying that I believe that’s where his hot take came from, but I do believe that Keyshawn has connections in our organization that he trusts. This is Jameis’ time now.

Why would Brees want to come back last year to play behind a JV line and throwing to receivers who can’t catch? That game was going to be a disaster and he knew it.

I think he was just kidding in his tweet. The injuries were piling up and his arm had lost zip. I’m sure his ego is a little bruised after the NBC gig failed but it is weird to me that people single him out as uniquely bad when you can turn on nearly every broadcast and hear far, far worse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom