Drew Brees suggests he may return to play football, do YOU want him back? (1 Viewer)

What if he ends up with the Falcons like the other x-Saints?

Our local media is so dumb, Brees was def trolling about playing and there has been hundreds of tweets and videos being done about the possibility.
I'm not sure trolling is the right word but I don't think he ever meant to start any QB controversy, I think it was just his way of saying he's excited about the off-season moves we've made.

I do think he could end up coaching in a few seasons time, when his kids age and start going their own way, especially if the broadcasting thing doesn't turn around for him. I didn't think he too bad at it personally but apparently a lot of people who get paid to talk did. Saying that, I think we can all agree that He certainly didn't hit it out the park from the start like Romo did.

Only if it was a situation like last year where Jameis got injured. Or the very unlikely scenario that Jameis is incredibly awful next season for some reason.

Go back and watch that week 2 game at Carolina last year. I want you to watch for the yolo interceptions and tell me who was waiting for him on the sidelines and if that same guy is here this year.
That was a bad game no doubt and Sam Darnold looked unstoppable in that game. Look how Darnold’s season played out.

Had an awful dream

Week 1 - we destroy Atlanta, drop a 50 burger on them

We sack Mariota 8 times and pick him off 4 times

The bad part? on that 8th sack he shatters his ankle

The Falcons then reach out to Drew and offer him a boatload of money

He accepts and ends up leading Atlanta to the Super Bowl

Ugh!

Had an awful dream

Week 1 - we destroy Atlanta, drop a 50 burger on them

We sack Mariota 8 times and pick him off 4 times

The bad part? on that 8th sack he shatters his ankle

The Falcons then reach out to Drew and offer him a boatload of money

He accepts and ends up leading Atlanta to the Super Bowl

Ugh!
Get that Voodoo outta my face.

Aint no nostalgia to this....he has to be able to do the job....his last outing in the B&G was for 134 yards 1TD, 3INTs in the playoffs...if he can't get it done, he can't get it done. We don't owe him anything, he's made plenty for what he helped bring us.

Going a little further....I wonder if some of you are more Brees fans than Saints fans.... because as a Saints fan I saw what he had left 2 years ago, it wasn't much, and now some of you are saying he has a right to the QB1 spot if he wants it?!?!?! Maybe I'm going crazy
I’ve been saying this the entire time! When folks defend players over what’s best for the team.

My view is if we build a scheme based on his strengths (ironically enough, the offense that we ran in Drew's prime checks those boxes), we will just have to sit and let it ride. As I mentioned before, single digit interceptions from our offense is recency bias, as our offense has seen its fair share of being top 5 in that category. Everyone is talking about limiting interceptions but Drew was throwing 22 here and 19 there. I went back and looked at games and advanced stats and not saying that Jameis didn't make his mistakes, but a Dirk Koetter/Bruce Arians offense leaves very little room for any, and Tom Brady couldn't even play a complete season in a scaled down version of it. I just hope we open up the offense and let whatever happens, happen.
Big big big facts keeping it real they don’t wanna talk about that tho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom