Drew Brees tells us why he feels the Saints are close to another Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1533712922416.png

Saints quarterback Drew Brees is looking for one more championship before hanging up his cleats.

By Rebecca Toback | SB Nation

Entering his 18th NFL season, Saints quarterback Drew Brees has shown no signs of slowing down. Last season, a 38- (now 39) year-old Brees threw for the fourth most yards in the NFL, behind only Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Matthew Stafford. The Saints surpassed all expectations, making it to the divisional round of the playoffs before falling victim to the Vikings’ Minnesota Miracle. It was the first walk-off touchdown in NFL playoff history and fans across the country were screaming at their televisions in awe of wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

After last season’s success and nearly making it to the NFC Championship game, the expectations (and hopes) are much higher for the Saints in 2018. We spoke with Brees via phone at Saints training camp to hear about his thoughts on the upcoming season, how much longer he hopes to keep playing and much more.

Rebecca Toback: What’s motivating you to go out and win in your 18th NFL season?

Drew Brees: I feel like there’s still a lot to accomplish. I’m excited about the opportunity we have. I really like our team. I love the challenge of coming to work everyday and needing to develop that chemistry with the young receivers coming in and free agents. I love how our team is reestablishing its identity and there’s always new challenges and new opportunities. I understand I only probably have a few years left and I want to make the most of that, enjoy every second and stay in the moment. ...

Full Story - SBNation.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom