Drew Brees; the man will own the most passing records...(moved to locker room) (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
and will only end up having 1 Super Bowl victory, because he played for a stubborn, hardhead, egotistical, self indulgent, vindictive head coach.

Brees deserves so much more, it makes me sick.

Payton has lived and aquired fame, from having Brees. Brees has made Payton. Psyton has not made Brees the GREAT QB he is.

Payton with his bad personel evaluations, retrntion of coaches that have a personal connection to him (McMahon for one), fondness for certain players who continue to make bad decisions, bad plays and his dumb strategic in game decisions, will keep Brees from winning multiple Championships. Might I add in, the continuous repetitive injuries every year. Injuries are part of the game, of course. But this team in my opinion sure seems to have an above average number of injuries every year to key players. I think a lot of injuries are due to overall poor conditioning. This is another area I could speak about. In looking at the Saints linemen, outside of Jordan, Unger and Oneyamata, they have big, fat, sloppy looking players, that look like they have never missed a buffet they could pass on.

Just a frustrated and personal opinion of a fan who feels bad for one of the greatest QB's EVER in NFL history.

inetnawlins

SAVE NOLA
Reaction score
and will only end up having 1 Super Bowl victory, because he played for a stubborn, hardhead, egotistical, self indulgent, vindictive head coach.

Payton has lived and aquired fame, from having Brees. Brees has made Payton. Psyton has not made Brees the GREAT QB he is.

Payton with his bad personel evaluations, retrntion of coaches that have a personal connection to him (McMahon for one), fondness for certain players who continue to make bad decisions, bad plays and his dumb strategic in game decisions, will keep Brees from winning multiple Championships. Might I add in, the continuous repetitive injuries every year. Injuries are part of the game, of course. But this team in my opinion sure seems to have an above average number of injuries every year to key players. I think a lot of injuries are due to overall poor conditioning. This is another area I could speak about. In looking at the Saints linemen, outside of Jordan, Unger and Oneyamata, they have big, fat, sloppy looking players, that look like they have never missed a buffet they could pass on.

Just a frustrated and personal opinion of a fan who feels bad for one of the greatest QB's EVER in NFL history.
Jesus! Again! We would have never had that Super Bowl without Payton. Bree's became the quarterback he is today under Payton.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is extremely difficult to win a Super Bowl. Look at the Hall of Fame quarterbacks who either won one or none. Brees isn't being wasted. He was actually leveraged into winning one for New Orleans. I hope that we'd be a happier fan base to collectively realize this.

oldJC.SAINTS

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
tell that to Dan Marino who did not even get one ring. Plus, Brees doesn't deserve anything. He gets payed good money to play the game.

OP
Super44

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So granted, up to and through say 2011, Payton was on his game. I do not deny that. However, since that year, he has failed misreably. None of you can deny that. If you disagree, prove to me where he can be proven to have had success, beyond 2011.

Facts are facts.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So granted, up to and through say 2011, Payton was on his game. I do not deny that. However, since that year, he has failed misreably. None of you can deny that. If you disagree, prove to me where he can be proven to have had success, beyond 2011.

Facts are facts.
You mean like 2013, when the Saints went 11-5?

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Payton and Brees have another Lombardi in them.

Payton and Drew are not without fault, but I see solid evidence they are doing the right things to correct their faults. Barring injuries, we will be good with most of the team next year. We can concentrate more on needs and depth in the 2017 draft. I do wish Payton would upgrade the LB and ST coaches with more dynamic coaches who can teach and motivate better.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That's a lot of adjectives you have little way of proving true, other than it's just your opinion man.

We've had quite a bit of coaching turn over throughout the years, just not a few. That's not a rare thing. many older coaches stick with a team.

Conditioning has nothing to do with broken legs, which we had two. Conditioning doesn't affect ACL's. Armstead's knee isn't likely from conditioning, but he probably was rushed back into the game yesterday because the team needed him to play. He's that kind of guy.

Years of bad drafts and a few bad signings have caught up to us. I think they made a calculated risk on getting "talent and athleticism", but not guys who were good football players. They thought they could coach them up. They were wrong. How many times do you see the Patriots go after superior athletes vs smart players who may or may not be great athletes. Gronk is a great athlete, but for as "Frat Boyish" as he is, he seems to be a smart football player.

We have 7 guys with 10+ years experience. 13 guys with 6+ years experience. 12 guys with 4+ years experience. 3 guys with 3 years experience. 18 guys with 2 years or less.

That 3 years experience is a small group. That's a hole there. Of everyone with5-6 years, only Cam and Ingram were drafted by us, everyone else was a FA.

Not counting rookies and second year guys, we have like 6 draft picks on this team over the last 6 years (I might be missing one or two, but I think I'm right.. and this is year 3-6 guys). 6!!!!

We have a drought of experienced talent acquired through the draft that we're now suffering through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom