Drew Brees the next Peyton Manning (1 Viewer)

Championships are won by teams not one QB. What makes you think Manning has no character or heart? The guy is a winner on and off the field.

Guys with character don't blame a loss on their offensive line, when they themselves played terribly (playoffs vs. Pats 05).

Guys with character don't call their teammate an idiot alcoholic.

Praise the lord!!!! THe Cows are coming home! :worthy:

I never thought i would hear those words spoken from your mouth! :ezbill:

It's all good man, you are a dedicated fan, I admire that!

:hihi:

Actually, though, I said all along I'd rather have Brees than any QB in the draft, including VY. I've been in favor of signing him over anyone the entire time.

i wouldn't say brees is better than manning, but i would like to see manning do what he does with the supporting cast that brees has....brees has basically a no name o-line, young recievers, no tight ends to really speak of and yet he is still lighting up defenses...

i would take drew over peyton at this point

I read alot of posts that say Manning is a choke artist. If we didnt have Brees I would love for Manning to be in a Saints uniform and choke like he does week in and week out. Explain choke to me. Its a team game last I checked. i am willing to bet that LC would rather have Young than Manning because Lord knows he will win the big one before Payton.

Here is Peyton in the playoffs:

In 9 games, 2461 yards (273.4 yards/game), 15 TDs, 8 INTs. His teams have scored 16, 17, 0, 41, 38, 14, 49, 3, and 18 in those 9 games for a 3-6 record. Of those 15 TDs, 5 came in one game that the Colts won 41-10. Take out that one game and his numbers change to 2084 yards in 8 games (260.5 yards/game) with 10 TDs and 8 INTs. Edgerrin James also averaged 3.9 a carry in the playoffs (615 yards on 157 attempts) with 5 TDs so it wasn't lack of a running game. You can blame the defense some but the Colts under Peyton Manning have NEVER lost a playoff game they scored 20 or more points in. Their D allowed 19, 23, 41, 10, 31, 24, 24, 20, and 18 points. I'll take Peyton all day everyday until New Years. That's when he turns into a pumpkin (or since he looks how he does, Franken-Manning). Tennessee couln't win a national title with him there for 4 years but 1 year later Tee Martin gets it. Peyton has had 1 great WR since he got there, 1 great RB most every year, another great WR, and a decent enough D to win with. Peyton's just not clutch.

So if Payton wins 2-3 or 2-2 playoff games this year will he change your mind? The Colts will make the playoffs this year again. What if he makes it to the Super Bowl? Is he still a choke artist if he loses? Last year shouldnt be counted with Dungys loss in the family. i guess Elway was a choke artist too. Losing 4 SBs before winning 2 back to back. I didnt go look up Elways stats either. Marino choked in his SB against Montana too, im guessing.

I don't like Payton Manning at all.

He just doesn't seem like a winner to me. I kinda agree with Loose here..everytime I watch him in a high pressure playoff game he plays like a loser.

He was a loser at Ten when everything was on the line, now its that way on the Colts.

I would take Brady over Brees, but no way do I take Manning.

So if Payton wins 2-3 or 2-2 playoff games this year will he change your mind? The Colts will make the playoffs this year again. What if he makes it to the Super Bowl? Is he still a choke artist if he loses? Last year shouldnt be counted with Dungys loss in the family. i guess Elway was a choke artist too. Losing 4 SBs before winning 2 back to back. I didnt go look up Elways stats either. Marino choked in his SB against Montana too, im guessing.

No he's not. But if I win the lottery tomorrow am I still poor? Until it happens, he's a choke artist. Their team almost went undefeated last year and lost. They've had the #1 scoring offense and lost. They've had a good D AND a great O and lost. And yes, last year most definitely counts because Dungy isn't the one on the field. Those players had no connection to his kid, they weren't buddies. If anything, you'd think that would inspire them to win for him. Elway, as far as I can remember, ever had a Pro Bowl RB until Terrell Davis and never had a Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. He had Rod Smith, but he never had the TD machine Marvin is. There's no comparison besides they are/were great QBs. Peyton has a much better team around him than Elway ever did (until he finally won the SB).

The reason that Peyton gets so much blame for choking in the playoffs is the same reason that people give him accolades as a revolutionary quarterback. It's because he controls the offense, he makes all the audibles, he calls the plays, he is an on-field offensive coordinator.

Sure, it's a team sport, but just like Carl Smith, you blame the offensive coordinator for not making adjustments against a defense if what you are doing on O isn't working. Just look at his numbers on offense during the post season. They aren't as good as during the regular season. You live and die with Peyton since you put the entire offense into one basket.

NPs pretty much has this under control as far as the performance side goes.

And there is no rebuttal for the character thing. He's a pompous, self-absorbed jerk.

BTW Elway had his team IN the Super Bowl in his fifth year (and sixth, and eighth). This is Manning's ninth year. And Manning has had far, far superior teams all-around.

A bit of a tangent, but I got laughed down at work a few weeks ago when I suggested that Brees could contend for MVP. You'd have thought I'd suggested Mark Brunell. While I'd agree Brees is still an underdog for the honor, it doesn't seem so far-fetched now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom