Drew Brees' timing and delivery are great. But Brittany? (1 Viewer)

saburai

Reaction score
Cute article in the Picayune just now. The Brees' newest addition is due this month, leading to some discussions of what they'll do if the birth comes close to game time.

"Game day? That's interesting," he said. "She's basically told me that if it comes in and around game time she's just not going to tell me. She's just going to say, 'yeah, everything's great!' She could be laying in the hospital bed, 10 centimeters dilated, ready to go, and she's just going to tell me, 'everything's fine. See you when you get home.' And then I might show up and there might be a little baby waiting there for me. She's basically told me she's going to try to time this as best as I can and do it on a Monday or Tuesday."

Brees said he and his wife have joked about timing the delivery perfectly and seeing if the newborn is "coachable" as a result. But, he acknowledged, "God might have another plan."

Seriously, someone neg repped and 1-starred this thread? :rolleyes:

Not everyone is a fan of kids, I guess. Takes all kinds.

Mark my words, in 25 years ESPN is going to be hyping a Monday-night game between Baylen Brees and Brees' other kid. The Manning Bowl will have nothing on it.

Put it in the book: The 2035 Brees Bowl.

I wouldn't blame Brees one bit for missing games or practices because of his family. If his wife goes into delivery I would rather he be with her than at a game anyway.

I wouldn't blame Brees one bit for missing games or practices because of his family. If his wife goes into delivery I would rather he be with her than at a game anyway.

She might be getting induced, so on the 18th she will have that baby, or at least early on the 19th. I guess the problem would be if she has the baby before that date and it's in the middle of a game.

Even then Drew is a professional and makes enough money to miss the birth.

Do you even know his wife?

She wont let him miss the game. She loves, appreciates and understands the game enough to know that he is the LEADER of this team and will let him do his job if it comes down to it. I thought we all knew that?

More importantly, if he got the news in-game or pre-game it would have to be a huge distraction. At that point, if I were Payton I would almost insist Drew head home once he found out.

He's a professional, but I can't imagine that a dad could manage a football game if he knew his wife was in labor at that moment. Hence her "don't tell" policy: it's a smart move.

Why do I have this image of Drew lining up "under center" behind her, yelling "Hut!", then out pops Baby Brees?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom