Drew Brees Today 11/17/19 (1 Viewer)

Flame away, but Brees’ lack of arm strength and “zip” on his throws is becoming undeniable.... and I’ve been denying it up to this point.

He’s still one of the all-time greats, but it puts a cap on the offense.
Jameis Winston has lots of arm strength and zip

Flame away, but Brees’ lack of arm strength and “zip” on his throws is becoming undeniable.... and I’ve been denying it up to this point.

Why does it need to be denied? He’s 40 years old.

Worry when his accuracy goes, not his arm strength.

It seemed to me like we kept trying to stretch the field from sideline to sideline, while Tampa was giving us the middle. Yet we never really tried to capitalize on it. That was a bit frustrating.

He might not quite have the distance he had (wasn’t ever really bombs), but he still has the accuracy and that’s off an injury AND surgery. Brees is still Brees and he’s fine.

All the old man did was go 28/35 80% 228yds 3 TDs.

It was quiet but effective. It felt like we dominated that game and it wasn't as close as the score indicated.
[/ I know you are not bragging about those stats look like a bunch of dinking and dunking the offense scored 7 whole points second half the defense save his bacon today first couple of drives stalling in the Red Zone so settling for three 3 points

If he can't grip the ball as strongly as he normally can because of that thumb. That could also be affecting it. When you have that type of injury to your throwing hand I guarantee you if a are a MLB Pitcher or a QB that ball is going to come out differently no matter what though it doesn't mean it wont be ineffective.

If he can't grip the ball as strongly as he normally can because of that thumb. That could also be affecting it. When you have that type of injury to your throwing hand I guarantee you if a are a MLB Pitcher or a QB that ball is going to come out differently no matter what though it doesn't mean it wont be ineffective.

Great point! ...and I believe that the thumb is a factor. Hopefully it continues to get better and better, and I end up looking like a paranoid fool

Bingo you are exactly right my friend this is what I've been saying for some time now he is a limited quarterback at this point and defensive coordinator know this when he play against better defenses he will have problems

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom