Drew Brees was non-committal when asked if Jameis can be the guy to lead the franchise (paraphrasing) (1 Viewer)

Drew was absolutely right about “it takes time.” That wasn’t a slap in the face to Jamies. With all of the injuries, it’s been somewhat rocky. People need to quit trying to read into the situation something that’s not there.
Who said it was a slap in the face? I thought it was surprising is all. When the question was being asked, I thought for sure he was going to say "absolutely, he CAN be the guy, it just takes time. Drew is very careful in what he says.

Again, Politicians speak on behalf of their constituents. They were discussing kneeling and instead of him speaking on behalf of his majority black locker room, he spoke about his white grandfather, heritage and nonsensical stuff that angered our locker room.

I mean, how else can I explain that to you, to make the light turn on?
He wasn't trying to speak for his team. In fact, in the quote, he says he's speaking for himself. His word choices were every bit the politician's answer.

"Again, Politicians speak on behalf of their constituents." And what sort of naive nonsense is this? My local representative hasn't spoken on my behalf for years.

He wasn't trying to speak for his team. In fact, in the quote, he says he's speaking for himself. His word choices were every bit the politician's answer.

"Again, Politicians speak on behalf of their constituents." And what sort of naive nonsense is this? My local representative hasn't spoken on my behalf for years.
Ok, well, he was speaking foundationally racist for himself. You cant really do that when you trying to lead men

See the Gruden thread....as he was speaking for himself and lost a job, bc you cant lead men like that.

Again, had to counter any of the darts thrown at the wall to try and give passes.....they dont stick.

BTTT

Ok, well, he was speaking foundationally racist for himself. You cant really do that when you trying to lead men

See the Gruden thread....as he was speaking for himself and lost a job, bc you cant lead men like that.

Again, had to counter any of the darts thrown at the wall to try and give passes.....they dont stick.

BTTT
I agree his comments were poorly made. But he expressed them like a politician would.

I agree his comments were poorly made. But he expressed them like a politician would.
Alright, I've explained how it's not fundamentally what politicians do, unless their constituents are of that ilk. We can leave it there, before we get into the "I know you are, but what am I" type nonsense.

The big issue for Jameis at the moment for intermediate throws is he still views all plays as every man is a possibility. That's fine when you are preparing for the week. But when you get to the line and read the defense there needs to be a decision on which routes are likely covered and which aren't so he can hit the open guys quickly.

Drew was masterful yet sometimes boring with it. We'd line up in a 5 wide set and he'd throw a 5 yard pass before all the routes even developed. He just knew based on the defense that the 5 yard play was the one to be made and that the other routes weren't going to work anyways.
The problem I'm seeing is that no one is open.
I'm sure he's diagnosing defenses (sometimes right, sometimes wrong, no one will be on the level of Drew in this regard), but the WR's are getting little to no separation besides deep routes.

He can try and throw guys open, but you are talking 1 step between DB and WR. Those are DAGEROUS throws that he's being asked not to try and make.

Drew always thought there was always somewhere he could put the ball where only his WR could get it, but when naming these players it was "Colston, Graham, MT, Cooks, etc).

Let's give Winston some weapons and time and see what he does.

I did see it. I also thought he should be one to know this isn't an offense that you can have master control by your first week running it.

I've been saying for awhile it's going to take time. It's a work in progress. It's pretty clear as of now Winston is very comfortable letting it fly deep.

Brees noted the intermediate passing is what hasn't been there. That's been the area I've seen Winston hesitate on the most. Most of our offense is based on timing. Trust in the receiver is going to be in the spot Winston is throwing to.

Then add Thomas and Smith and that process could take longer cause Winston has yet to build any relationship with those two in the passing game.

I don't think Breesus himself would be doing all that much in the intermediate passing game right now. The only receiver that has shown they can do anything in the middle of the field is Callaway. Jameis is taking what he can get, and on Sunday, that was the deep ball to Harris, during the one quarter that he was available.

Jameis will never be as accurate as Brees (and neither will anyone else in history) but I think getting Thomas back, whenever that may be, should be an immediate huge boost to the intermediate passing game. I don't even think it will take time. He's the kind of guy that you know will run the right route and make the catch. After having to pretend that Juwon Johnson and Chris Hogan are serviceable NFL talent, having CGM as a target should be like throwing a football into a swimming pool.

In the words of Arron Rodgers "relax"
We'll get there microwave society

C'mon Grandma, hurry up and knit me a blanket! Amazon could have shipped me one in 2 days

I don't think Breesus himself would be doing all that much in the intermediate passing game right now. The only receiver that has shown they can do anything in the middle of the field is Callaway. Jameis is taking what he can get, and on Sunday, that was the deep ball to Harris, during the one quarter that he was available.

Jameis will never be as accurate as Brees (and neither will anyone else in history) but I think getting Thomas back, whenever that may be, should be an immediate huge boost to the intermediate passing game. I don't even think it will take time. He's the kind of guy that you know will run the right route and make the catch. After having to pretend that Juwon Johnson and Chris Hogan are serviceable NFL talent, having CGM as a target should be like throwing a football into a swimming pool.
We saw as much in the playoffs.
The difference there is he had Sanders, MT, TreQuan, Cook and a good run game.
Drew couldn't hit the big plays over the top like Winston can so that made us super one dimensional.

I agree. If there was any doubt Drew wasn't the long term answer,it ended when we went to Dallas and laid a 42-17
curb stomping on them. There were more than a few pundits who thought Dallas was the best team in the NFC. We
could have laid 50+,but Payton started calling Kneels with plenty of time left in the 4th quarter. This game will always
be one of my all time favorites.

Same here, if I remember correctly one of the last year's of Madden doing games. It was hilarious as both announcers thought the Cowboys were going to just roll over the Saints and the very obvious and palpable shock once they realized just the opposite was happening.....then a ton of excuses for the Cowboys and more silence than normal....Loved that game.....

We saw as much in the playoffs.
The difference there is he had Sanders, MT, TreQuan, Cook and a good run game.
Drew couldn't hit the big plays over the top like Winston can so that made us super one dimensional.
Not to mention a full offensive line. I'm hoping the screen game comes back in full force when we get McCoy and/or Armstead back.

Make no mistake no matter who he is throwing to, Jameis will never be Brees when it comes to those 10 yard routes. He will probably even lose us a game at some point when he sails one over a wide open receiver into the waiting arms of a defender for a pick 6. But he will also win us games with the deep ball, and even just the threat of it.

Well you're the one who derailed it
Not really, I made a statement that Brees does not speak like a politician, else he would have spoke in behalf of his majority black locker room.

You didnt have to reply. I could say stating he speaks like a ........derailed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom