Saints Drew Brees (...what have you appreciated about him)? (1 Viewer)

The goalpost dunk where you could tell he’s trying to Will the team back vs Miami

Juking/spinning out of the attempted goal line tackle vs Atlanta

That he and Brittany gave the football field to the high school where I was teaching

The story from coach about drew practicing by himself

The block he made freeing up Henderson for the end around 1st offensive to if the dome opener

The espn Mardi Gras float commercial

Holding baylen in the confetti rain

Record breaking pass to tqs

Talking to him briefly at some kindergarten function

100s more

:plus-un: :00000654:

What an unbelievable person he is... and to think that he's going to retire as a Saint! Drew Brees' personality compared to Tom Brady's egocentric personality is quite a contrast!

:gosaints:

Everything. Absolutely everything. The man came to this city at the right time and helped lift this city up off its knees. He has only been a model human being off the field and a model football player on the field. I dont care if he doesn't win another Super Bowl with us. There should be PLE6more people in this world like Drew Brees.

Met Drew at Harrah’s New Year’s Eve after they locked up playoffs against the Panthers after his first season. Totally random meeting. He joked with me and was super down to earth. Have a pic with him there I took on my cell phone. My how technology has changed!

Never forgot that for many reasons but ultimately I appreciated his interaction. Very nice, very cool dude. I also appreciate his raw work ethic. He’s “on” all the time. It’s impressive and very few are that determined to be great at everything they do in life. And everyone around him is better because of it.

I appreciate the fact that after he came here and found his success, that he never once seemed to dream of a bigger stage than New Orleans, even after it became clear that he could have been the best on whatever stage you put him on both on and off the field. We were with him when he came to life and he never forgot it.

I appreciate that he is the ultimate competitor, refuses to give up and remains humble. He is truly a class act who competes at the highest level. I fell in love with him watching his incredible come from behind wins at Purdue. He pushed the ball downfield like Dan Marino without the incredible zip. He has carried that never say die personification still today. I don't think the Saints will ever have this special of a quarterback for some time.

I forgot to mention that I love the fact that he never hangs a receiver dry. I have never seen one of his receivers really take a big hit from the ball placement. I did see TQS make a couple of moves after a catch get lit up unfortunately.

ANdrew Christopher Brees:

So glad that we landed him in 2006. So sad that he's about to hang up the cleats. Of course, we want to see him going out with another Lombardi trophy in his hand.

Give your random thoughts (...a time you met him, a game when he took it up a notch, his community involvement, his personal life, an interview on TV, whatever...). To me, he will always be the Greatest Of All Time. I can only imagine what his stats would be if he was 6'4".

My appreciation for him starts with his love for his family, and the fact that he (and Brittany) have embraced the Greater New Orleans area as he has. Figuratively speaking, few human beings stand as tall has he does.

WhoDat!!!!!

Passed on the All-Decade team...
Never awarded NFL MVP

Look at these two videos. His peers in the NFL voted him as the #2 player in the league.. TWICE (for actions in 2011 & 2018 seasons):

Man what is there to say...

There is so much I appreciate about Drew. How he turned the franchise around. How he wasn't scared to play and help rebuild a city that was ravished by Hurricane Katrina. His work ethic, and his leadership vocally and physically.

Most of all, I appreciate him being someone to look up too, bc in this world, now a days, it doesn't feel like we have too many people that we can really call Role Models.

He has impacted all of our lives in some fashion or another. I wish all the time that there could be some way I could repay him for what he has taught me, and given me.

I Salute to one of the greatest human beings, and football players I have ever seen.

Thank You #9 Drew Brees

I’m very surprised that after 10 days, there are less than 30 comments from WhoDats who read this thread.

There should be 100’s if not 1000’s.

We’re talking about Drew Brees, dawg!

What s there not to like? He embraced a city when it was down. His dedication to the city and the unmentioned things both he and his wife do for the kids in schools. His dedication and work ethics, to be a better player each year. Appears to have a great family he loves and is devoted to. As someone typed earlier, he is a person you and your kids can look up to. He always has a positive message to send. The man has it all. I have loved the past years watching him play and will miss him when he retires. He is one person, and his wife, I would like to meet one day to thank them for being there for the city of New Orleans. I moved from the city 30+ years ago but I still call it home. Bless the city, fans, and the Brees family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom