Saints Drew Brees (...what have you appreciated about him)? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
ANdrew Christopher Brees:

So glad that we landed him in 2006. So sad that he's about to hang up the cleats. Of course, we want to see him going out with another Lombardi trophy in his hand.

Give your random thoughts (...a time you met him, a game when he took it up a notch, his community involvement, his personal life, an interview on TV, whatever...). To me, he will always be the Greatest Of All Time. I can only imagine what his stats would be if he was 6'4".

My appreciation for him starts with his love for his family, and the fact that he and Brittany have embraced the Greater New Orleans area as they have. Figuratively speaking, few human beings stand as tall has he does.

WhoDat!!!!!

Passed on the All-Decade team...
Never awarded NFL MVP

Look at these two videos. His peers in the NFL voted him as the #2 player in the league.. TWICE (for actions in 2011 & 2018 seasons):

:gosaints:

Last edited:
His class act personna and what he does for others means far more than what he accomplishes on the football field.

Glad he is going to broadcasting after he hangs it up. It'll feel like he is just moving to a different chapter, rather than just leaving. We'll all get to see him weekly.

Just thinking of all the things I’ve grown to appreciate about him over the years makes me want him to win another ring so bad.
He’s the definition of a role model for athletes and life in general.

Everything. Literally.
His leadership, accountability, humanity. He’s an amazing QB and as it appears an even better human being. Husband, father etc

Football:
His ability to slide the pocket, his uncanny and unparalleled imo ability to read complex defenses. His cool demeanor and amazing ability to lead men. His pinpoint accuracy.
Man, too many things to type out.

His class. He has never acted out, thrown anyone under the bus, or said anything stupid. There has been a million times if he would have done any of these things, I would have understood and he would have been well within his rights, but he never has.
1586742485531.gif

The goalpost dunk where you could tell he’s trying to Will the team back vs Miami

Juking/spinning out of the attempted goal line tackle vs Atlanta

That he and Brittany gave the football field to the high school where I was teaching

The story from coach about drew practicing by himself

The block he made freeing up Henderson for the end around 1st offensive to if the dome opener

The espn Mardi Gras float commercial

Holding baylen in the confetti rain

Record breaking pass to tqs

Talking to him briefly at some kindergarten function

100s more

Everything. Literally.
His leadership, accountability, humanity. He’s an amazing QB and as it appears an even better human being. Husband, father etc

Football:
His ability to slide the pocket, his uncanny and unparalleled imo ability to read complex defenses. His cool demeanor and amazing ability to lead men. His pinpoint accuracy.
Man, too many things to type out.
what he said. also the way he is confident but not too cocky. the way he don't throw anyone under the bus.

There is absolutely nothing about this man that I don't adore. His diplomacy, my goodness. He always knows what to say.

For someone who's been the spokesperson and face of an organization for this long... He never falters. Never puts his foot in his mouth. And you never get the sense that he's paying you lip service. You know he believes in what he's saying.

Meticulous. Professional. Intelligent. Articulate. Dedicated. Considerate. Loveable. Relatable. FUN. Conscientious. Everything you wish your politicians, neighbors and co-workers could be.

Along with everything already stated, I just love his passion and drive, and how it has translated to such magnificence. Strangely enough, the fact the he’s always been under appreciated by many nationwide makes me respect what he’s done so much more. It’s hard to believe after 14 years of amazing QB play, we’re watching the last of him as our QB. I would love for fans to go easy on him if his play drops off a little and he can’t get the ball where he wants at times. We’ve been very fortunate for what he has done for us, and I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else.

The sports science feature showcasing his Robin hood accuracy.

Most accurate passer ever.

1. He's a family man through and through. Everything he says or does goes through the family filter first.

2. Darn good QB

3. CEO of the team. Nothing about the NFL is too big for him.

4. He's humble and knows he is not the center of the universe. He knows that less than 5% of people on earth follow American football.

5. Darn good QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom