Drew Brees will end up 2nd all time in wins as a starting QB (1 Viewer)

Brees is (and will forever be) the greatest QB in NFL history... to the WhoDat Nation!

Most of us won't give a rat's arse about any other comparisons. Yes... it's not unusual for true fans to be homers.

Now, I don't believe any of us would get into a knockdown, drag out argument about Brees vs. Brady after both are retired. In fact, nearly all of us will give Tom Brady his props ---and rightly so.

However, as far as true Black & Gold fans go, Drew Brees is (and always be) "The Man!"

To make my point: I dare say that the only Tom Brady highlights most of us have watched more than once were the plays he made in SB LI vs. the Clowns. I doubt that many of us have taken the time to watch any other highlights of him, including NFL Top 100, etc.

Just sayin'.

:gosaints:

All homerism aside I'm able to make a clear to distinction in my mind between Brady being the most accomplished QB of all time and Brees being the best passer of all time. Nobody can argue the fact that Brady is the goat. When you have to start putting rings on your other hand, you're the undisputed goat. But when it comes to throwing a football we've never seen anyone like Brees.

I think of it like this, Jordan is the goat but Steph Curry is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time. Jordan is more accomplished but Steph has put up some 3 pt records that might never be broken, unless it's by him.

All homerism aside I'm able to make a clear to distinction in my mind between Brady being the most accomplished QB of all time and Brees being the best passer of all time. Nobody can argue the fact that Brady is the goat. When you have to start putting rings on your other hand, you're the undisputed goat. But when it comes to throwing a football we've never seen anyone like Brees.

I think of it like this, Jordan is the goat but Steph Curry is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time. Jordan is more accomplished but Steph has put up some 3 pt records that might never be broken, unless it's by him.

If in the past 12 years Brees & the Saints (with a middle-of-the-pack defense) were in the AFC East and Brady & Patriots competed in the NFC South... :scratch: Brees would have 6 rings or more.

Even with things the way the were, in 2011 the Saints would have taken the SB. Minnesota Miracle kept them out in 2017, and we all know about last season.

If you say "Woulda, coulda, shoulda... you're right. But it does factor into the way things have shaken out.

Last edited:
It's the TD record that keeps both of them playing into 2020. Currently, Brees is ahead of Brady 520-517. They're chasing Peyton Manning, at 539. No way the other retires a nanosecond before the other one, much less a season before. The race is going down like the end of Rocky II when both fighters basically knocked each other out.
I think Brady will see a significant decline this year and he'll hang em up.

If in the past 12 years Brees & the Saints (with a middle-of-the-pack defense) were in the AFC East and Brady & Patriots competed in the NFC South... :scratch: Brees would have 6 rings or more.

Even with things the way the were, in 2011 the Saints would have taken the SB. Minnesota Miracle kept them out in 2017, and we all know about last season.

If you say "Woulda, coulda, shoulda... you're right. But it does factor into the way things have shaken out.

Well if he had Belichick as his head coach. That's the biggest difference between him and Brady.

I could see Drew going out on a high note, meaning we win the SB. By the rationale, if he's still playing in three years, that means we didn't win it, and I'd be sad.

Brees is (and will forever be) the greatest QB in NFL history... to the WhoDat Nation!

Most of us won't give a rat's arse about any other comparisons. Yes... it's not unusual for true fans to be homers.

Now, I don't believe any of us would get into a knockdown, drag out argument about Brees vs. Brady after both are retired. In fact, nearly all of us will give Tom Brady his props ---and rightly so.

However, as far as true Black & Gold fans go, Drew Brees is (and always be) "The Man!"

To make my point: I dare say that the only Tom Brady highlights most of us have watched more than once were the plays he made in SB LI vs. the Clowns. I doubt that many of us have taken the time to watch any other highlights of him, including NFL Top 100, etc.

Just sayin'.

Brady is a cheating pile of dung.

With his skillset and composure, he didn't need to cheat to win. He's been padding his stats for YEARS. Still out there chucking the rock, when the game is won. What do we do? Run the clock out. Very seldom does Drew pass when we're up big late in the 4th.

"Bountygate" was a farce, and the only semblance of a scandal since Payton/Brees got to town (not including "vicodin-gate" or "starcaps-gate", as they were a limited number of players/coaches, and Brees did not directly benefit) On the other hand, stealing signals from the opposing teams definitely gave Brady an advantage in field position or defensive scheme. Deflating the ball made receptions easier, and fumbles harder to create.

I'll argue till my dying breath that Drew's the better QB.

*expletive* Brady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom