Drew Brees will pass for 300+ this week... (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone is going to look at that Giants number one pass defense and expect us to pound the rock against their middle of the pack run D. However, I don't think Sean Payton sees it this way. He's going to be out to prove that the passing attack, which has been quiet the past few weeks, is still the best in the league.

I see this game being closer to the first two we played rather than the last two.

I am also expecting throwing to occur.

I wouldn't be surprised about the Bell/Thomas attack.

WHO KNOWS

He's due. He'll get his this week.

That's what's great about SP, we never know and neither does the opponent. And he can and will change strategy in the middle of a game. I kinda thought we would pound the rock also, but reading your post made me think SP may come out flinging the ball.

As for the defense, I'm hopping we get some pressure on Eli. You remember the last time a Manning played in New Orleans? If I'm not mistakin, Peyton beat the heck out of us. You know Eli will have some extra family and friends in the Dome this week, so he'll have a little extra incentive to play well. We can't let him get comfortable back there.

SP tends to put himself in defensive coordinators shoes, and then do the opposite of what they expect. Sometimes it fails, which makes him look like he outsmarted himself, but most of the time it makes us roll.

Everyone is going to look at that Giants number one pass defense and expect us to pound the rock against their middle of the pack run D. However, I don't think Sean Payton sees it this way. He's going to be out to prove that the passing attack, which has been quiet the past few weeks, is still the best in the league.

I see this game being closer to the first two we played rather than the last two.

i agree with brees dropping 300 but i disagree with your logic. coaches don't try to prove anything. they try to win games. you guys have the 2nd bets rushing offense. giants have the 19th ranked rushing defense. you will pound teh ball until the giants start creeping up a safety then you'll go over the top. i expect the saints to run up 450+ yards and 40+ points

As for the defense, I'm hopping we get some pressure on Eli. You remember the last time a Manning played in New Orleans? If I'm not mistakin, Peyton beat the heck out of us. You know Eli will have some extra family and friends in the Dome this week, so he'll have a little extra incentive to play well. We can't let him get comfortable back there.
Remember the last time Eli played the Saints? He never made a play in Saints territory.:ezbill:

coaches don't try to prove anything. they try to win games.

For the most part sure, but coaches are human just like the rest of us... so to say they don't try to prove anything? They do. Winning is generally the number one priority of course, especially when you are talking about very good coaches.

But think of it like this... Rex Ryan wasn't just upset that the Jets lost last night, he was also really upset that his defense got smoked because its part of his identity and an issue of pride for him.

I would love to see Drew put up 300+ yards against the Giants, but I think unless we blow them out of the water, it will be more running to set up the pass... but it's all just a guessing game at this point. Still, I feel like Drew is just aching to bust some downfield to Henderson and Meachem for TD's. Or maybe I'm aching to see him do it? :hihi:

As long as we get the win. Which, of course, we will! :9:

In big games, peyton gameplans really well. in 06 the dalas game when i think he had "a chip on his shoulder" he had a FB score three TD's... This year The giants are that Im gonna prove something Game... Look For shockey to have a Huge day! I also think PT/Bell show will take a back seat to Reggie ... Shockey and Bush have been quiet for long enough...this will be thier comming out party IMO b/c Peyton will Gameplan it For them.

I would love to see Drew put up 300+ yards against the Giants, but I think unless we blow them out of the water, it will be more running to set up the pass... but it's all just a guessing game at this point. Still, I feel like Drew is just aching to bust some downfield to Henderson and Meachem for TD's. Or maybe I'm aching to see him do it? :hihi:

As long as we get the win. Which, of course, we will! :9:

Well there you go. :9:

i agree with brees dropping 300 but i disagree with your logic. coaches don't try to prove anything. they try to win games. you guys have the 2nd bets rushing offense. giants have the 19th ranked rushing defense. you will pound teh ball until the giants start creeping up a safety then you'll go over the top. i expect the saints to run up 450+ yards and 40+ points

Great Call! :9: (you too Socbe!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom