Drew Brees wins in court: Saints QB owed $6.1M in lawsuit over diamond fraud, jury says (1 Viewer)

• Admin

By Ramon Antonio Vargas | The Advocate

Jurors in San Diego decided Friday that Drew Brees is owed more than $6.1 million in damages after a jeweler exploited his friendship with the Saints quarterback to sell him extremely overpriced diamonds.

Jeweler Vahid Moradi and his attorney, Kevin Rooney, said they "passionately disagree" with the verdict and intend to appeal it. If successful, that could reduce the amount awarded to Brees and his wife, Brittany, or wipe it out entirely.

Nonetheless, for now, Brees seemed to feel vindicated in pressing claims that he was conned out of millions of dollars.

"The jury worked hard and saw Mr. Moradi as the confidence man that he is," said a statement from the Breeses and their attorney, Andrew Kim.

Full Story - The Advocate

Dan

Dan

Admin

By Ramon Antonio Vargas | The Advocate

Jurors in San Diego decided Friday that Drew Brees is owed more than $6.1 million in damages after a jeweler exploited his friendship with the Saints quarterback to sell him extremely overpriced diamonds.

Jeweler Vahid Moradi and his attorney, Kevin Rooney, said they "passionately disagree" with the verdict and intend to appeal it. If successful, that could reduce the amount awarded to Brees and his wife, Brittany, or wipe it out entirely.

Nonetheless, for now, Brees seemed to feel vindicated in pressing claims that he was conned out of millions of dollars.

"The jury worked hard and saw Mr. Moradi as the confidence man that he is," said a statement from the Breeses and their attorney, Andrew Kim.

Full Story - The Advocate
If I have to subscribe to the Advocate to read fluff story like this, then I guess I won't be reading a fluff story like this. All I needed to know was if Drew won. Bye now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom