Drew brees (yeah I know) (1 Viewer)

Int vs Vikings in playoffs last year.
It was a fluttering dead duck into triple coverage.
All his deep passes seem to be in triple coverage lately. Like it’s some sort of “sell of course it was intercepted! They had three defenders there!”

Manning won his last sb playing much worse than Drew is. We need this great, vaunted training camp defense to show up. Talkin to you Cam. And Jenkins needs to be demoted to special teams. Pj needs to step up to replace him.
Denver didn't have a backup worth squat. We have two.

The saying is “if you have two quarterbacks, then you don’t have one.” A dig at if a team hasn’t settled on a Starter and is still rotating qbs they are going to be in a jam. However in the Saints case you probably need at least 2 in order to do the work of what Drew used to do on his own.

I’m putting this here because this isn’t just a vs raiders problem. It’s a 2020 problem. Brees’s arm strength has been an issue (argue if you want, silly argument) but he’s been able to compensate with I.Q and accuracy. This season his accuracy is very iffy.

Either A) he’s hit the wall where his arm strength has declined to a point where he’s not even accurate anymore. B) he’s injured and we don’t know. C) his off season “new found deep ball” strength, is a change in throwing mechanics that is causing inaccurate passes.

Obviously, it could possible be a bit of a combination of all 3, but more than like it’s A. I think defenses know there’s no deep threat. I believe that “deep” pass to cooks in wk 1 was due to the defender getting lazy because he thought they were out of Drews range.

This isn’t the popular opinion but I don’t think this team will see a superbowl with brees at qb. I hate to see him go, but the decline is real. There’s no big play in this offense without some after catch action.

Yes the defense got handled tonight but they are about what I thought they were. They’re good but not amazing. Lattimore is good, not amazing. You add this fact to brees not being able to threaten the deep ball and this team will have another early exit if they even get to the playoffs.
Based on the last 3 seasons, I have to guess the defense will play better, though they are now without Nolan, who I think did a great job with the LBs, and probably in the coaches room game planning.

But nothing about tonight was good or encouraging for the Defense. They were in no way even just "kind of good" or average. They got worked like it was 2012 or 2015 all over again and it started when the Saints were up by 10.

I want to say it was back in 2017 that he threw a pass 35yds +

It was literally last week. I mean I know that his arm strength is greatly diminished, but that pass to Cook went over 40+ in the air on a rope.

I just figured it out. We always start the game by spotting the other team a couple of scores. Then we start playing. Jumping out early confused them.

Manning won his last sb playing much worse than Drew is. We need this great, vaunted training camp defense to show up. Talkin to you Cam. And Jenkins needs to be demoted to special teams. Pj needs to step up to replace him.

Respectfully disagree on the comparison, we have Hill and Winston on the roster - why play with one hand tied behind your back if you don't have to.

But i'd so, so like to be wrong on this.

I'm with whatever coach decides to do bout things. Remember payton manning got benched in his final season. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened here either. Whatever coach thinks is best I'm sure whatever our problems are, they are evident in the film.

Int vs Vikings in playoffs last year.
It was a fluttering dead duck into triple coverage.

Week 1 to Jared Cook vs Tampa Bay

Not taking away what anyone is saying

I'm just not gonna say the sky is falling after week 2, when there was no preseason.

If you really wanna be honest here. The past couple seasons when he played in the preseason he looked similar to the way he's looked last couple weeks.

Watching the game tonight it appears Drew lost trust in Cook and Sanders after the missed early plays in this game. Though Drew did go back to Cook for the touchdown pass it didn't seem like he trusted him outside of the redzone as he wasn't targeted again outside of that. Sanders.... let's just say he had a bad game.

I'm not saying Drew won't go back to them in the future but it seems he TreQuan'd them this game after the mishaps which may have limited the offense. He seemed to only trust Kamara, TreQuan (good game) and Harris with Kamara essentially being the only real consistent Target in the 2nd half. The tape will show if the Raiders simply had excellent coverage on Cook and Sanders, but I doubt that they were locked down. It likely just Brees not wanting to take chances and feed into the he's hit the wall narrative especially after that interception.

A combination of Drew not trusting the receivers or himself led to this loss. I honestly felt he and Payton should have went back to those two or at least TreQuan in the second half to strengthen that trust. I believe he will bounce back but I feel that Drew can get rattled to easily now a days, to where if he makes a mistakes he gets too conservative.

Also, the lack of Davenport's pressure on the opposite side of Cam is really starting to show, Hendrickson and Granderson are good rotational players but aren't individuals offenses have to account for. Hendrickson will make it to the quarterback once or twice a game but he's not one to be feared. Say what you want about Davenport's availability but he is a key cog in this defense and allows for consistent pressure without the need to blitz.

Bad game for the team all around but Brees and Payton need to stop shutting it down when things aren't going as smoothly on offense as expected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom