Drew brees (yeah I know) (1 Viewer)

Drew has not offered physical talent as an advantage for years. IQ and prep can only go so far. And now the short accuracy doesn't seem to be there either. I really expected to see taysom in on 30-40% of the plays after we paid him. It was frustrating not to see more of that when it was clear we needed a spark.

I have a horrible feeling this year is going to be devoted to protecting Drew's records.

Sure, Drew wasn’t perfect, but come on our D couldn’t stop them. Just couldn’t stop them.

And like 4-5 drops in the first half.
THIS! The lose is on the defense, per usual in Drew’s career. The time of possession they gave up and the scores they gave up were basically insurmountable.

for as long as the stats have been kept:
NFL Teams are 101-603 in games when allowing 34 or more points to there opponent, or in other words when 34 points are allowed the team that allowed them wins the game just 16% of the time.

Last edited:
Wonder if any of the media folks will have the guts to question SP about this.

THIS! The lose is on the defense, per usual in Drew’s career. The time of possession they gave up and the scores they gave up were basically insurmountable.

NFL Teams are 101-16472 in games when allowing 34 or more points to there opponent, or in other words when 34 points are allowed the team that allowed them wins the game just 0.6% of the time.

The whole team outside of a couple of players stunk. The defense was out there a lot longer than they should have been today,

Brees was not coming out of that game on National TV. Payton would never do that. On one of the TD Drives, Brees completed a pass and I think he got hit hard. Even the announcers said he was walking a little funny. What I saw at times was a QB hesitate on throwing the ball. His arm speed looked more like a change up than a fast ball. He would start his arm motion forward and then slow it down at the end. Could he be aiming the throw as oppose to just throwing it? I don't know. Ran well in the first quarter but seemed to go to the pass more often in the second quarter. At least the loss was to an AFC team. Hopefully, things can turn around.

NFL Teams are 101-603 in games when allowing 34 or more points to there opponent
And here’s a bonus stat for you since Drew Brees arrived in New Orleans, the Saints are 6-3 in games which the defense allowed 34 points, waaaay above average. So if you’d like to blame Drew Brees for something, blame him for no longer being able to carry an all around poor team effort to victory!

Last edited:
I have a horrible feeling this year is going to be devoted to protecting Drew's records.

I will say this much...his stats deserved to suck tonight. Getting his completion percentage up in that way is embarrassing

NFL Teams are 101-16472 in games when allowing 34 or more points to there opponent, or in other words when 34 points are allowed the team that allowed them wins the game just 0.6% of the time.

now take the time of possession into play.

When was the last deep throw that brees has thrown?
to cooks last week but the problem is its to far and in between. People have been saying it for a while that drew is in decline and about his arm but most people just ignore it and place blame elsewhere but its plain as day if some of yall take the rose colored glasses off and don't be such a homer. You can be honest and critical of drew and be a fan of him and the saints. unless drew gets a metal winter soldier arm. it an 'it happening folks. Film don't lie. As aggressive as sp is when have yall known him not to take shots down field or try. drew will throw into triple coverage and try on a play just to take a shot.

What I saw at times was a QB hesitate on throwing the ball. His arm speed looked more like a change up than a fast ball. He would start his arm motion forward and then slow it down at the end. Could he be aiming the throw as oppose to just throwing it? I don't know.

I watched a QB challenge this year. They were trying to hit small cones.

I thought his throwing motion was different. Almost like there was a little hitch. He didn’t do very good.

He was trying to hit cones. Cones. And missed. This is the same guy who hit a bullseye on an archery board 10/10 times.

Manning won his last sb playing much worse than Drew is. We need this great, vaunted training camp defense to show up. Talkin to you Cam. And Jenkins needs to be demoted to special teams. Pj needs to step up to replace him.

I love Drew, but if he can't accurately place a ball with the 15-25 yard markers....he should move on to coaching/commentating...whatever.

Its very telling that most of us on the board can predict what the offense will do because of his clear limitations. I don't care how early you get to the facilities or how well you prepare...if you can't do the above, it won't matter. He's one of the greatest of all time, but he really is a shell of who he used to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom