Drew Brees (2 Viewers)

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I've got the 3rd pick in our draft tonight and I would love to take Brees but I'm really concerned about our o line this year. How do you think he'll really do this year? What are your top 3 qbs for fantasy this year?

MY GF got Brees with the 8th overall pick in our draft. Way too early for a QB but 10 of our 12 owners are Saints fans and she was adamant that she was going to have him this year, For good measure, she got Cooks in the second round for the double hook-up. Yahoo gave her a c+ on her draft grade because she "had too many Saints". She also wound up with Fleener & Michael Thomas.

Bottom line: With the third pick I would take one of the top 3 WR's. Unless you have a league full of Saints fans like we do, Brees should be available when your next pick comes around. Despite our iffy showing in preseason, I think he will again be around the league leaders again this year.

I usually won't pick a QB till the 4th or later.

Grab Tom Brady later and pickup Bortles or someone similar to play the first 4 games. Invest in your WRs and RBs first

That's waaaaaaaaay too early to take a QB. One of the top WRs is the way to go. QB is deep enough to pick a guy late and rotate throughout the season.

I agree that it's too early for a quarterback, but, if you have your heart set on him, you have to have a strategy to back that up.

You'll need to take a top tight end and a wide receiver in the second and third rounds, and then go crazy with running backs. You almost have to get the third down/goalline back in a timeshare situation employ them like a streaming options. That's where your Duke Johnson's and Zach Zenner's find some value, but you're making a season-long commitment to scouring the waiver wire and making sure that your matchup for the best possible once each week.

But it can be done if that's the way you want to go.

Ended up grabbing Beckham with the third overall pick and then A.J. Green. Grabbed Big Ben later on. Thanks for all the input.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom