Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

A lot of people on here acting like they weren't ready to push brees out the door the past couple years because they were convinced in their mind the missing puzzle piece to winning a sb was the long ball. Now we have a qb who can throw it 80 yards and yet the offense has taken a big step back everyone is pretending like none of it ever happened.

I must've missed all of those Super Bowls that we apparently went to and won over the last couple of years because some of you guys' logic trips me out..."y'all think throwing deep will get us to those Super Bowls we didn't get to when we were unable to throw deep." - doesn't make sense to me because we saw what being unable to stretch the field does. Last I checked our last 3 playoff losses happened AT HOME with lackluster performances from our O...the 7 yd ins, slants, & the 4 yard outs might fill out a stat sheet or work during the regular season, but come playoff time we all saw what happens...we were no longer a threat to make it to the SB, as much as we romanticize with the DB era, our last best chance was No-call year, and TBH the offense wasn't that good in that game either.

The problem with our offense wasn't that it didn't stretch the field...the problem was that we COULDN'T stretch the field. There was a play today where we ran a combo route with Harris and Stills(?) where the defense played the deep to Harris opening up the underneath route to Stills. Without that over the top threat, lets say in an offense under a Hypothetical Brees in 2021, that underneath doesn't open because the defense wouldn't respect the deep route.

I'm holding on to faith that the Offense will fix itself, in the meantime, we got a monster D to keep us in games. When, not if, it comes together there won't be a team in the NFL that can hang w/ us.

A lot of people on here acting like they weren't ready to push brees out the door the past couple years because they were convinced in their mind the missing puzzle piece to winning a sb was the long ball. Now we have a qb who can throw it 80 yards and yet the offense has taken a big step back everyone is pretending like none of it ever happened.
EXACTLY. Maybe I wasnt clear enough but thats what im getting at.

I never ever ever ever ever want to see criticism of the guy ever again. He never had a strong arm to make those freak miracle plays but he always played smart disciplined football and had a confidence back there that made his oline look way better than they actually were. He threw open wrs with accuracy unmatched and moved safeties around almost at will. We were absolutely spoiled rotten and I feel like many people didnt realize it because he wasnt a Pat Mahomes.
100% correct. When you see Jameis trying to find an open receiver you saw Drew throwing the receiver open. You never treasure what you have till it’s gone

Jameis has literally tried to adjust his game to fit what coach P wants. It ain't easy to adjust so quick. I give him credit for continuing to work on his game. I'm not ready to call it a failure when he has only started 3 games for this team and is currently 2-1 with 8 TDs to 2 ints. There are a lot of things people are overlooking only because he isn't doing Drew Brees things. Lets give the man a chance to figure it out. It's bound to happen or he won't be our QB next year. I'm really hoping he figures it out before people completely write him off.

The fans of 31 other teams knew it. Expecting Jameis to come in and make us a better team was foolish.

It's why comparing Jameis to Brees just isn't fair. Jameis needs a lot more time in this offense before we even have a clue what he will be.
Yep. And the same could be said about most QB’s to ever play the game. Drew is a top 5 all time great imo.

I think Jameis doing just fine.

a lot of people DIDNT know
A lot of people mean only yourself right? If you're just bringing this up, you haven't watched Saints and Drew Brees over the years. Drew has NEVER had a top WR to throw to except Michael Thomas and that was very late in his career here. Drew dissected defenses and made adjustments all the time. If you're still surprised, you should go back and watch the Saints BEFORE Drew Brees. So many disappointing seasons. There were some close seasons back in the 90s when our defense and offense were somewhat decent, but never could capitalize. Anyway, none of this is new if you've been a Saints fan. It only gets worse the further you go back.

A lot of people mean only yourself right? If you're just bringing this up, you haven't watched Saints and Drew Brees over the years. Drew has NEVER had a top WR to throw to except Michael Thomas and that was very late in his career here. Drew dissected defenses and made adjustments all the time. If you're still surprised, you should go back and watch the Saints BEFORE Drew Brees. So many disappointing seasons. There were some close seasons back in the 90s when our defense and offense were somewhat decent, but never could capitalize. Anyway, none of this is new if you've been a Saints fan. It only gets worse the further you go back.
no a lot of people the last couple years. Also I know what pre-Brees Saints were like because I started watching football generally around 2004-5 so I got the Aaron Brooks and Katrina experience. I witnessed the backwards pass game, ironically a game where Drew Brees and his Chargers demolished us. Im not saying we cant win with Jameis because we obviously are, but I am saying we took for granted a lot of little things Brees did that Jameis obviously doesnt do that helped us win games. Jameis needs to learn those tendencies if he wants to possibly succeed in playoffs.

The fans of 31 other teams knew it. Expecting Jameis to come in and make us a better team was foolish.

It's why comparing Jameis to Brees just isn't fair. Jameis needs a lot more time in this offense before we even have a clue what he will be.

Be careful, logic isn't always taken too well here lol

We doin this after a win? Holy shirt
Holy shirts and pants, we're taking the fur or the wool from sheep and we turn it into thread for homeless people to sew. And then they make it into cloth, which they in turn sew then make little shirts and pants for other homeless people to sell. It's a pretty good deal. People helping people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom