Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

A lot of people on here acting like they weren't ready to push brees out the door the past couple years because they were convinced in their mind the missing puzzle piece to winning a sb was the long ball. Now we have a qb who can throw it 80 yards and yet the offense has taken a big step back everyone is pretending like none of it ever happened.

blame csp and the playcalling.. its way too conservative

im not doing anything here besides basically showing the Brees doubters (and they do exist here) that arm strength aint everything. We won games without going deep and Jameis needs to learn to play that small ball. He holds the ball for WAY too long. dump it to Kamara a dozen times if you have to just get rid of the ball more!
I'm not really disagreeing with you at all, I'm just saying it was a bad time for the point. Jameis with time today was fine, not Brees, but fine. He did his job. I want him to be better too, but he's certain sure not going to get better with half the fanbase on his back everytime he ***** up. You're not that guy, but there are a lot of them. Anyone that blamed Drew's arm strength last year missed Cook fumbling the game away and that's also not fair to be honest. Drew Brees is the best QB the Saints have ever had, and arguably the best QB ever. We've gotta work with what we have now.

A lot of people on here acting like they weren't ready to push brees out the door the past couple years because they were convinced in their mind the missing puzzle piece to winning a sb was the long ball. Now we have a qb who can throw it 80 yards and yet the offense has taken a big step back everyone is pretending like none of it ever happened.

The offense is MISSING ITS TOP 2 WRs!!! Its missing all but ONE of the top SIX targets from last year!!! Jesus F Christ... am I in toon town? He's throwing to UDFAs and a guy who was binge watching Netflix during training camp. Calm down.

Here's a hot take on a Saints forum, I think Drew Brees is a hall of famer. But I also think that with a top 3 WR in Micheal Thomas, a 2018 and 2019 probowl TE in Cook, another 2x probowler as the 2nd WR in Sanders, and an all world RB, he had just a little more firepower than Winston is working with right now. Brees' 6th or 7th option at receiver is now Winston's top option. Can we pump the brakes on condemning Winston for not being Brees the HOFer particularly since he's throwing to guys with very little experience being primary targets.

I'm not really disagreeing with you at all, I'm just saying it was a bad time for the point. Jameis with time today was fine, not Brees, but fine. He did his job. I want him to be better too, but he's certain sure not going to get better with half the fanbase on his back everytime he ***** up. You're not that guy, but there are a lot of them. Anyone that blamed Drew's arm strength last year missed Cook fumbling the game away and that's also not fair to be honest. Drew Brees is the best QB the Saints have ever had, and arguably the best QB ever. We've gotta work with what we have now.
i agree with that and trust me Im already ride or die with Jameis. Im not gonna turn on the guy unless he pully a Johhny Manziel or something which is not who he is. hes a goofball but I like that. As long as he takes his job seriously when it counts on the field.

go back and read stuff from the past few years

You mean the posts where people said Brees is physically done and he should hang 'em up so we can move on? Yeah, that's still true today. When he retired he was done. He probably should've gone a year earlier. It has absolutely no bearing on any of his accomplishments.

I think the vast majority of people reading this think Drew Brees is the greatest to ever wear Black & Gold. What exactly is the point of your post?

Do you read the boards regularly? A large a very loud contingent of posters have wanted him gone for years because of his "noodle arm." He is the reason we can't win in the playoffs.....etc.

because we have good defense and can run the ball
Hmmm so it's not about the fact that we won, it's how we won that matters to you.....or better, it's who we won with that matters. Otherwise the whole premise of this thread is galactically stupid.

Do you read the boards regularly? A large a very loud contingent of posters have wanted him gone for years because of his "noodle arm." He is the reason we can't win in the playoffs.....etc.
Here's something for you to chew on a little...Sean kinda did too, if KC doesn't jump us, Mahommes is in NO...How long do you think Sean would've kept him on the bench behind Brees?

That 2018 contract extension doesn't happen of we would've landed Mahommes.

And it was pretty clear his physical skills were waning especially last year. He willingly retired after a long Hall of Fame caliber career, and we’ve now moved on to a new QB. So, once again I ask, what is the point of this thread?

And it was pretty clear his physical skills were waning especially last year. He willingly retired after a long Hall of Fame caliber career, and we’ve now moved on to a new QB. So, once again I ask, what is the point of this thread?

Don't ask me I didnt start it.

Totally agree about last year. He stayed one year too long as did many others. I mean if he didn't break a bunch of ribs he might have still had a shot....but that blow was the end of his career essentially.

I think the OP is just frustrated about the treatment Brees got around here for not just last year but the 3 or 4 seasons prior.

The fans of 31 other teams knew it. Expecting Jameis to come in and make us a better team was foolish.

It's why comparing Jameis to Brees just isn't fair. Jameis needs a lot more time in this offense before we even have a clue what he will be.

Yup....I think some folks in their weird Bressus hero worship selves (and I'm a huge DB fan) are probably ignoring the notion that SP is bringing Jamies along very, very slowly....which when you can run the ball and play great defense? Wins a ton of games....see last years 9 game winning streak....which featured 2 other guys at QB.....but according to some wasn't run heavy (despite the fact we ran the ball 30+ times in almost all of those wins)....

Hmmm so it's not about the fact that we won, it's how we won that matters to you.....or better, it's who we won with that matters. Otherwise the whole premise of this thread is galactically stupid.

I'll go with galactically stupid for 200!!!!!!

Here's something for you to chew on a little...Sean kinda did too, if KC doesn't jump us, Mahommes is in NO...How long do you think Sean would've kept him on the bench behind Brees?

That 2018 contract extension doesn't happen of we would've landed Mahommes.
There is no guarantee of that. We never had a Kelce nor a Tyreek Hill. Plus, I believe the Chiefs are 1-2 right now.

Drew was getting old and some of us knew his time was coming to a close (Loomis and Payton did as well). That was the main critique, so I don't know what the OP is trying to say.

I guess the point of this thread is that the criticism Brees faced is unfair from a technical standpoint. He was holding nobody back until ‘18 for sure (reminder: Gary Cavaletto did). ‘19 I don’t think he did, we were good with and without him, so this means he was not holding us back unless you think 32 Mahomes exist. Then the OL failed us in the playoffs rather then Drew. Last year he was a shell of his former self, but this was mainly *after* he got 1,457 ribs broken. As a reminder we beat Tampa 38-3, how is this holding anything back? Do you think we won 38-3 *despite* him? C’mon. Then, despite the ribs, we lost a game against Brady that we could have easly won. His arm was a problem at that point, but nothing like Thomas’ ankle or more than anything the huge drop a fully healthy Cook pulled off. My point is, we had lots of strenghts and weaknesses, and to say that he was holding us back is just unfair. It’s focusing on his weaknesses, ignoring his strenghts and ignoring other players and team’s flaws. It’s just not logical. Do someone prefer the lucky duck Winston threw sunday to Callaway just because he has an arm? It’s obvious that at this point we’d like a Mahomes, a Herbert or a 2020-21 Brady, but as I said there are not 32 of them. Holding back is a very relative and stupid concept, unless you have a Blake Bortles on a perfect team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom