Drew calls out refs.... (1 Viewer)

The call on the extra point probably should have been running into the kicker, rather than roughing, which wouldn't have made much of any difference because they still would've had another chance at the kick. The big screwup was with the time at the end of the second half. That was MAJOR and very nearly cost the Saints the game.

And it didn't matter in the end, but the fumble they called on Kamara was mindblowing. He was down a good second before the ball popped out. It was so obviously not a fumble I couldn't believe that.

Honestly, sometimes I watch small scale Division I college games and think to myself, man thats a crazy situation its kind of impressive to me these refs know that part of the rule book in such an obscure situation.

I dont know what the excuse is for NFL refs, on MNF, after last years debacle. Its just ridiculous.

Honestly, sometimes I watch small scale Division I college games and think to myself, man thats a crazy situation its kind of impressive to me these refs know that part of the rule book in such an obscure situation.

I dont know what the excuse is for NFL refs, on MNF, after last years debacle. Its just ridiculous.

The NFL refs aren't really professional NFL refs in the sense that they should be. NFL ref should be a significant career considering the money that's on the line. But the refs are mostly just dudes who have devoted their lives to other stuff, and then they ref also. It's messed up.

And this one is straight up not knowing the rules, not a "bang bang" play judgment call.

ESPN says it’s the correct call so that’s where it ends...
It makes no sense whatsoever that the booth can choose to call a review after 16 seconds tick off, as the team hikes the ball, and then choose to run an additional 10 seconds off the clock simply because they chose to review the play themselves. That makes it look like the entire situation was manufactured.

I wasn’t talking about the timing issue. I was talking about the “roughing the kicker” which was also trash but the post I made was facetious. I caught the highlights at halftime of this raiders game and the broadcaster said “roughing the kicker that’s the right call”. No the **** it isn’t.

10 second run off was the correct call. What wasn't correct was it should have been from the play that was in question. Which ended at 42 seconds. (Like the ref in the booth said, he also noted that error should never happen)

They went with the time from the play after when we did a QB sneak.

Like someone else mentioned I'm confused on why we or any team gets punished when the booth calls for the review?? Why?

I watched the highlights from NFL on YouTube and at 12:24 it looks like Davenport was blitzing and was blatantly held by the Texans center #66 on final Texans td to Stills.
8BFAC2FC-4CB1-4ADC-8FC4-DB06657FE7E5.jpeg

Attachments

• 522A12B4-6203-4B89-95AA-06010D93E812.jpeg
    522A12B4-6203-4B89-95AA-06010D93E812.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 9
Props to ESPN for popping in and saying it was incorrect. They certainly didn't have to so it was nice that they did.

I watched the highlights from NFL on YouTube and at 12:24 it looks like Davenport was blitzing and was blatantly held by the Texans center #66 on final Texans td to Stills.
8BFAC2FC-4CB1-4ADC-8FC4-DB06657FE7E5.jpeg
People are always held, and missed. I believe Texas was clocked with more holding calls than we were. I'd like for that to be cleaned up, yes ... but I'm personally not even upset at those kind of plays nearly as much as the unbelievable calls (or non-calls) they make in critical situations. If I can call a better game than these refs on the field from my TV, then why do we even have those people making those kind of calls?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom