Drew Changing Plays At LOS (1 Viewer)

I don't really buy that it was intentional. I would argue that the defense suffered when they lost Davenport and Rankins. Those are some big shoes to fill and the defense certainly wasn't nearly as dominant as they were when Teddy was playing.
I don't think it was intentional either, just human nature.

Yeah the loss of Rankins & Davenport was huge! There's a huge drop off with Hendrickson & Granderson.

I don't think we have. We've seen bad offense in the last game of our season for three years running.

What you saw this year in the last game is a defense that matched up well with our offense. Especially since we only really have one real WR. And I dispute that 3 "bad" games over three years is a "bad offense." Even great offenses have bad games. This is the same offense that put up 46 points on a very good San Francisco offense only a month earlier. So calling it a "bad offense" is really just an emotional fan reaction to a bad last game.

I mean, you have to give some credit to the defenses we played don't you? The Rams D last year was actually very good, mostly because we just could not stop their inside pass rush, and the Vikings defense is always good. And, despite the offense allegedly being bad in those three games, they were one missed tackle and one horribly blown call away from winning two of those games. So, the offense was good enough to win two of those three games.

Which isn't to say that the offense can't get better. It can. But, give the current options at QB, Brees is clearly the best option at QB to get the offense better. You take a step back with either Bridgewater or Hill as your full-time starting QB.

And while it's true that there are situations where Payton doesn't seem to run the ball enough (yes, Minnesota this year was one), you know the game better than to think that just running the ball more is how you win games on offense.

Last edited:
What you saw this year in the last game is a defense that matched up well with our offense. Especially since we only really have one real WR. And I dispute that 3 "bad" games over three years is a "bad offense." Even great offenses have bad games. This is the same offense that put up 46 points on a very good San Francisco offense only a month earlier. So calling it a "bad offense" is really just an emotional fan reaction to a bad last game.

I mean, you have to give some credit to the defenses we played don't you? The Rams D last year was actually very good, mostly because we just could not stop their inside pass rush, and the Vikings defense is always good. And, despite the offense allegedly being bad in those three games, they were one missed tackle and one horribly blown call away from winning two of those games. So, the offense was good enough to win two of those three games.

Which isn't to say that the offense can't get better. It can. But, give the current options at QB, Brees is clearly the best option at QB to get the offense better. You take a step back with either Bridgewater or Hill as your full-time starting QB.

And while it's true that there are situations where Payton doesn't seem to run the ball enough (yes, Minnesota this year was one), you know the game better than to think that just running the ball more is how you win games on offense.

Not saying we have a bad offense, just that the three playoff losses were primarily because of bad games by the offense.

Drew has executed and co-authored the best sustained offensive success in NFL history.

He calls multiple plays in the huddle and then based on the look he gets, he either keeps it or changes it to get the mismatch they want.

He understands why that play was called, he’s in the game plan meeting and helps create the game plan, and the coaches know why he changed the play.

That’s why “other QBs just call the play they are given”. He’s another OC on the field like Manning was.

He’s been playing QB for 20 years and doing it better than anyone in history.

But sure, it’s because he’s changing to passes too often that we are unsuccessful....

I think this post was silly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom