Drew Changing Plays At LOS (1 Viewer)

Did you know that a QB who everyone considered to not be the sharpest knife in the drawer called his own plays throughout his career? That QB was pretty successful and his name was Terry Bradshaw.
Now I would bet my house that Drew is not only smarter in general than Bradshaw, but his football IQ his higher than Bradshaw’s.
He may be smarter but he doesn't have more rings than Bradshaw

He may be smarter but he doesn't have more rings than Bradshaw
That’s right because football is a team sport. If Drew had the WR’s and defense from those Steeler teams Drew would probably have more. Now granted the game was different then and CB’s got away with a lot more but that would’ve played into Drew’s game. He throws back shoulder passes better than anyone in the game and could’ve diced those defenses.
Everyone who is wanting to dump Drew must not remember how long it took this team to get a legitimate elite QB on this team. Atlanta thought Ryan would be the guy, Carolina thought Cam was it. Experts thought Ryan Leaf was a franchise guy but they all were wrong.

That's the problem he can do that against teams like the Colts... Not teams that are in the playoffs ... The Saints need him to perform like that in the big game in the playoffs not again scrub teams stat padding
He tore up the number one passing defense in the league and put up 46 points on the niners. That was not a scrub team.

The Vikings came in with a simple game plan. Clog up the short to intermediate routes and rush their DE’s on the inside against our guards to get pressure in Drew’s face immediately. Our offense never got on track. The only time the Saints had success was when Taysom had the ball in his hands. That’s on Sean Payton for not sticking to the adjustment. It was simply to feed Taysom. Hats off to the Vikes for coming in with a game plan that wasn’t on tape. It was up to Sean Payton to adjust with something they haven’t seen as well, but he kept going back to trying to establish the usual game plan. It was very frustrating and still is to know that we could’ve won that game.

Also why the Bye is so important.

I dont think that Sean wasnt capable of beating the Vikings, I think he tried to scheme as little as possible to get by since this playoff go would be 3 games to get to the SB, Its more to do with what you dont want teams to see on film. This is what I think the game plan was was to go bare minimum and it cost them.

How much you would bet with the Saints and Vikes matchup next season that the Saints would roast them by 20? Assuming Drew stays. I think its very plausible, they also pulled that same crap with Philly last year also.

That's the problem he can do that against teams like the Colts... Not teams that are in the playoffs ... The Saints need him to perform like that in the big game in the playoffs not again scrub teams stat padding

Don’t even bother with these stans bruh. They’re just gonna keep mentioning things he’s done in the regular season like it holds weight in the playoffs

It's become really obvious that Brees doesn't trust his Wr's not named Thomas as much as he claims he does.
This is it..Ginn drops a lot of passes nor does he try to "go get" the ball. Tre'Quan is inconsistent. If I were Brees I'd only trust Thomas and Cook too.

I don't see a problem with Brees changing plays. I trust him more than anyone. Peyton Manning did this his whole career.

Brees isn't perfect he's going to get fooled. After all, it's the defenses job to scheme against us and sometimes they win.

29 of 30 for 307 against the Colts and there are multiple discussions about how Brees should give way to Taysom Hill. 75% for the season for the 2nd time in a row with a terrible WR corps. Wow.
It's really incredible how disillusioned these fans are that Hill is automatically the better answer in 2020 over Drew.

And that's why our offense struggled with Bridgewater at QB. We were just lucky that our defense played lights out in those games. The offense seems just fine when Brees is a QB so to claim that Brees is somehow a problem is very odd to me. To the extent that there is a problem with the offense, it's that we lack talent at WR other than Thomas. That hurts Thomas to some extent, but it mostly means that the TE and Kamara are going to have better cover men on them than then would if we had any sort of threat at WR2.

Sometimes I wonder if people have just forgotten what a bad offense looks like.
I'm simply stating that our offense may have been more vanilla with Teddy, but I think in some ways we were better. Our run/pass ratio was better. Sean coached better to me not having Drew to lean on. The Defense stepped up. Special teams stepped up.

Look man we went 5-0 in that stretch so to trash Bridgewater is something I won't do. The absence of Drew made everybody step their game up so in that way were better. I much preferred Sean's play calling during that stretch. if he ran that offense with Drew we would be better. More consistent run game makes any QBs life easier.

It's asinine that it worked. All you have to do is power run at their stupid little DEs lined up over the power center of your OLine. Do that 10 times in a row and they'd have moved them back where they belong ASAP.

I've seen Bellicheck run the same play 4x in a row because the defense kept refusing to acknowledge the weakness. But our coach likes to feel smart.

Reminds me of when teams would run the "amoeba" defense (where 1-2 random guys rush the passer and the others drop back in coverage) against Payton's empty backfield 5 WR sets and give us fits. Again, the solution is just to run the ball at them 10x in a row, but you dont break passing records that way.

I'm simply stating that our offense may have been more vanilla with Teddy, but I think in some ways we were better. Our run/pass ratio was better. Sean coached better to me not having Drew to lean on. The Defense stepped up. Special teams stepped up.

Look man we went 5-0 in that stretch so to trash Bridgewater is something I won't do. The absence of Drew made everybody step their game up so in that way were better. I much preferred Sean's play calling during that stretch. if he ran that offense with Drew we would be better. More consistent run game makes any QBs life easier.

Maybe next year we make Drew wear long sleeves, gloves, a dark visor, and #5, and the rest of the team will start to play like they're not expecting Daddy Brees to save them.

Maybe next year we make Drew wear long sleeves, gloves, a dark visor, and #5, and the rest of the team will start to play like they're not expecting Daddy Brees to save them.
It seemed to me like once he got back it didn't take long for everybody to regress and start depending on him to save the day again.

It seemed to me like once he got back it didn't take long for everybody to regress and start depending on him to save the day again.

I don't really buy that it was intentional. I would argue that the defense suffered when they lost Davenport and Rankins. Those are some big shoes to fill and the defense certainly wasn't nearly as dominant as they were when Teddy was playing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom