Drew coming back! (1 Viewer)

If this ends up being Drew's final season (or not!), can we just promise each other one thing?

Just enjoy the season, dont complain about arm strength or about benching anyone. Just enjoy the ride.
You are new around here aren't you... j/k... SR will never go down that path

If this ends up being Drew's final season (or not!), can we just promise each other one thing?

Just enjoy the season, dont complain about arm strength or about benching anyone. Just enjoy the ride.

We are going to hear arm strength for the entire season. On here, on tv etc. But here's the deal. It's Drew. He has earned the right to go out on his terms.

How is this good news tho? Noodle Arm? Ok carry on
AbsoluteYellowishIrishredandwhitesetter-size_restricted.gif

I think we can load manage a QB by running the ball with Latavius Murray.

I full agree with that. But as the old saying goes, you can take a dog out of the fight, but you cant keep Payton from dialing passes while averaging 6.7ypc.

The success of this year will be on Coach Payton. If you DON'T RUN the ball and expect to win with a 40+ year old QB throwing 38 to 45 times it want happen. DB can't throw that much at the end of the season. He's can't ride the arm of DB anymore. He's just too old. SP needs to change with the times. The team dynamics needs to change also to include getting that extra WR which we all know.

I would also put the Saints defensive coordinator on notice. Any more big plays given up at the end of game will cost you your job.

I have been waiting to write this with the expectation of Brees returning. After watching several replays of Brees early in the season and late in the season, and knowing his hand was injured, I think it is premature to speculate on his demise. Throwing the rock 40 yards downfield is one thing and throwing it 20 yards with velocity is quite another. From what I noticed, he still has good velocity. Couple that with his smarts, accuracy, and release, he still is an elite quarterback. I believe Brees has enough integrity not to commit to another season if he didn't think he could cut it. He surely doesn't need the money. I also believe Payton believes in his abilities enough to want him back too.

He has earned the right to go out on his terms.
×1000

especially with his numbers in 2019

o-line does their job, brees doesn't get hit and fumble, we beat vikes, and all the haters have nothing to scream about (until the next mishap)

also, who says 2020 is brees' last year? if he gets some arm guru to improve his dist/velo, maybe he's good to 2021 (or beyond)

he'll know when it's time, and the saints aren't going to show him the door

the FO gets at least another year of HOF leadership and (based on the trend) performance. we get to watch them make another grab at the ring with the best available QB

WHO FREAKIN DAT

It is a catch-22 for the Saints.

Love to have him back, but it does keep the Saints from moving forward and keeps the future a bit murky. If Brees/Loomis work together, they can drop the cap hit as well with an extension, but there are other contracts Loomis can Loomis to create cap space.

I am sure everything is clear and done. Drew would not be announcing he is coming back without knowing and agreeing first on:

- The ballpark amount of the contract (money and years).
- The plans for the roster for 2020 ) for that I mean, going for all the marbles or start the rebuilding process.
- The transition plan for his successor.
- Keeping his role as the leader of the team, and the starting quarterback.

Let's be real, Drew is a savvy guy, he knows exactly the place where he is at regarding the team, and if the offer was not suitable for his wishes, he would have retired.

I don't think there is any uncertainty on his return.

So next year is the goodbye tour.

I am sure everything is clear and done. Drew would not be announcing he is coming back without knowing and agreeing first on:

- The ballpark amount of the contract (money and years).
- The plans for the roster for 2020 ) for that I mean, going for all the marbles or start the rebuilding process.
- The transition plan for his successor.
- Keeping his role as the leader of the team, and the starting quarterback.

Let's be real, Drew is a savvy guy, he knows exactly the place where he is at regarding the team, and if the offer was not suitable for his wishes, he would have retired.

I don't think there is any uncertainty on his return.
I'm with you. :9:
I think the transition to keep the Saints competitive is just as important to Drew as what he can personally do and make in 2020. He wants to see the Saints continue to be a force in the NFL for years to come.

I really believe that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom