Drew has one of the better receiving groups in the NFL. (1 Viewer)

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our receiviers as a whole have moved from good to great imo. Michael Thomas is earning every bit of recognition he received in camp. Cooks is such a threat by himself and he lives up to it. Snead is Snead, right place right time,1st down. Coleman, despite his gaff with depth on that one play, for the most part was very productive. I believe Fleener has about shaken of the nerves and if getting off of the ball with more determination. TLL is going to thrive with time and experience. Overall we have what's needed to score loads of points and hopefully get Drew all of the records left that he hasn't already shattered.

Michael Thomas is special.

Brandon Cooks can be a game changer.

Snead is our version of Edelman.

Fleener will be a more than solid tight end with more reps, and a more effective redzone target (10-12 TDs a year)

Packers, Jags, Saints, and Raiders. I may be forgetting a team as well.

But what makes the Saints group stand out is how young they are. Add to that the fact that all 3 can beat you a completely different way, and you have a passing offense that is very hard to stop!

As much as I have been down on Coleman at times, having him as the 4th best receiver on the team is pretty good.

Packers, Jags, Saints, and Raiders. I may be forgetting a team as well.

But what makes the Saints group stand out is how young they are. Add to that the fact that all 3 can beat you a completely different way, and you have a passing offense that is very hard to stop!
That is why I'm excited about this group. We have 3 really reliable targets. Cooks, Snead, and Thomas all get to the ball and don't drop it. Coleman is still a guy I want to see break through as a big threat but it is what it is at this point. Lewis is going to be great, I just feel it.

We have a great qb and great wide receiver corps. But, please, no more shuffle passes to Fleener. Seriously.

It worked once. Now defenses are reading it. Our offensive line is not great at run blocking. Fleener is not a great runner. So, enough already.

Now, back to our receiving corps. Cooks, Thomas and Snead came up HUGE today. Really took it to the Legion of Boom. The Legion was out there pissing and moaning and crying the whole game. GREAT JOB, GUYS!!

We have a great qb and great wide receiver corps. But, please, no more shuffle passes to Fleener. Seriously.

It worked once. Now defenses are reading it. Our offensive line is not great at run blocking. Fleener is not a great runner. So, enough already.

Now, back to our receiving corps. Cooks, Thomas and Snead came up HUGE today. Really took it to the Legion of Boom. The Legion was out there pissing and moaning and crying the whole game. GREAT JOB, GUYS!!

best part of the whole game in my opinion.

If Coleman ever learns where the first down marker is and not to collapse like a discarded banana peel he would be an asset too.

Cooks, Thomas, and Snead are top notch and young.

I love our guys and look forward to watching Thomas, Cooks and co for years to come.

But have to disagree about the "best in the league" comment. Drew is what makes these guys special. Just imagine what he could do with a Julio Jones caliber talent. Scary.

The mere fact that they were pissing and whining the whole time was that they literally had to hold the receivers to slow them down because honestly I don't think they could of kept up with them. Seahawks D made some great plays but the youth and agility that the Saints have at WR now is a daunting task to stop for an older yet still good secondary of the Seahawks.

I love our guys and look forward to watching Thomas, Cooks and co for years to come.

But have to disagree about the "best in the league" comment. Drew is what makes these guys special. Just imagine what he could do with a Julio Jones caliber talent. Scary.

Yea he's one guy. OP is talking about the group as a whole. With Thomas being drafted to be the #2 WR, that puts Snead as our #3. Go ahead and name a better #3 receiver

The unsung hero of the game goes to Willie Snead. Not sure if legal or not but those pick plays were crucial at the right time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom