Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (1 Viewer)

I think we can all agree that Cam Jordan is going to be better at this kind of thing than Brees is.

I’d actually like to see Drew pursue something else, but it’s his life and I’m fine with him doing whatever he wants to do.

I don't think that is a thing, honestly.

Yeah I think people make way more of that sort of stuff than is actually reality.

When I was a kid, I vehemently rooted against the Cowboys. Couldn't stand the Triplets.

When Troy Aikman eventually became an announcer, IF THERE WAS EVER any "Oh hey it's that former Cowboy I always booed".....it must not have lasted long, because I really don't remember any of that.

Yeah I think people make way more of that sort of stuff than is actually reality.

When I was a kid, I vehemently rooted against the Cowboys. Couldn't stand the Triplets.

When Troy Aikman eventually became an announcer, IF THERE WAS EVER any "Oh hey it's that former Cowboy I always booed".....it must not have lasted long, because I really don't remember any of that.
We just hate Troy because he's annoying in the booth. Lol

Edit: Also those memes when he gets to watch the Cowboys loses.

It takes time to get use to the pace and conversational skills of a color analyst. I am not a fan of most color analysts. I don't really like Romo. I feel he actually talks too much. But, his forte is calling the play before it happens. I really cannot stand Aikman or Brian Griese. Both are really very bad. Drew will give it his all and will not give up on this part of his career. He will also learn from others in the business. Just needs more practice.

Drew has that dry Bob Saget (Full House version) of speaking. It's not going to be for everybody, but that's just his way of speaking publicly. Not sure that'll ever change, but I'm sure there's some things he can do to improve. And he probably will if he likes this gig and wants to continue.

Now just for a minute think about Sean Payton in the booth. There's been talk that he might go in to that when he gets tired of coaching. If they think Drew is dry... wait until they get a load of Coach P. We're used to hearing him in interviews where he either doesn't finish his sentence, or changes the sentence mid-sentence.
I wonder how that would go over in prime time.

Drew has that dry Bob Saget (Full House version) of speaking. It's not going to be for everybody, but that's just his way of speaking publicly. Not sure that'll ever change, but I'm sure there's some things he can do to improve. And he probably will if he likes this gig and wants to continue.

Now just for a minute think about Sean Payton in the booth. There's been talk that he might go in to that when he gets tired of coaching. If they think Drew is dry... wait until they get a load of Coach P. We're used to hearing him in interviews where he either doesn't finish his sentence, or changes the sentence mid-sentence.
I wonder how that would go over in prime time.
I think CSP will be excellent in the studio, not so sure about the booth. He doesn't have Madden personality.

Drew has to many gaps of silence. It is very bad! When he is very obviously pitched in to color commentate. It is late about Defensive scheme. The timing seems to always be late. He is not good at it. I hope he gets better. He is at a disadvantage because he will get compared to Romo. Romo is the best in the game. Romo knows what is coming before it happens. It is amazing to listen. He makes us better fans. If you watched the Cowboys game. Romo called the Hail Mary, He said like Dallas fans do not know what that is like. Casually as a joke. Nance tried to cut him off with the Pearson story. Romo dropped NFL History, and just took Jim Nantz thunder. He is so good!

Last edited:
He’s always been this way though. One of the comments said he’s very corporate, which is a good description. He’s never been outspoken. His interviews have always sounded generic
Yep. I always said that Drew talks like a politician. With Romo you get whatever pops into his head which I enjoy (and is what made Madden so fun to listen to.) With Drew (and Peyton Manning to an extent) it's like he chooses his words very carefully. Unfortunately that comes across as robotic at times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom