Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (1 Viewer)

slikk

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He was ok not horrible people need to realize its his first year and hopefully he'll get better over time very few athletes have a natural talent to call a game no matter how much knowledge they have but I did feel he was being carried by Mike tirico.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't Tony Romo get the same treatment from us when he started out in the boothe? I know I did, but now he's pretty decent. Drew will get better, he's smart, he knows what he's doing and knows what he needs to do to get better. I don't see him stepping away from a challenge unless the network yanks him out of the booth.

In my opinion, Romo has gotten worse. Romo doesn't seem very prepared anymore. I think even Jim Nantz hates Romo now.

NeverGiveUP2

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Crazy, and I’m sure an unpopular opinion around here… but I don’t care.

Brees was the GOAT QB for the Saints… and I’ll be a fan of his forever… but if he’s not popular or successful slinging the NFLs crooked game, I really couldn’t care less.

Walk away Drew! Go enjoy your family, your legacy, and your money.
Or.... radical thought here... come back and be mayor of N.O. Then guvna....

Westbank4Life

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
His style is perfect for Notre Dame football games imo.

(at this moment) he has not tailored his style for primetime hours college nor nfl imo.

he can do it, it's up to him.

I remember Romo was rough out the gates but he had a natural story telling personality and he challeged things as the game went along in an open ended approach...plus he gets hyped like he just cleared a line or two at times like M.Irvin lol

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't like Romo because he was a Cowboy. That's what I meant. I think a lot of people will never like Drew, no matter how much he develops, because he was a Saint.

Not a thing for me at all. I like Romo, I like anyone who can bring meaningful analysis to the game, there are so very few that can. Couldn't care less who they played for....

Folks couldn't stand his style/delivery/arrogance or whatever but Joe Thiesman knew the game very well, was just poor at delivering it....

DoubleSaint

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s a shame because Tirico is by far the best in the business and they could be a great combo.

I only caught a bit of the playoff game but I did notice the long pauses before Drew started talking, it felt like Tirico had to keep elbowing him to remind him to chime in.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Not a thing for me at all. I like Romo, I like anyone who can bring meaningful analysis to the game, there are so very few that can. Couldn't care less who they played for....

Folks couldn't stand his style/delivery/arrogance or whatever but Joe Thiesman knew the game very well, was just poor at delivering it....
The thing I like about Romo and I think what makes him successful is that, he obviously loves the game of football and it comes across in his excitement, inflection and wording. You feel as if you are watching it with another fan...which is why Madden was so successful.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The thing I like about Romo and I think what makes him successful is that, he obviously loves the game of football and it comes across in his excitement, inflection and wording. You feel as if you are watching it with another fan...which is why Madden was so successful.

Well put, early Madden I would agree....but I think the last number of years his schtick got old....JMO....

schuetter

Super Champion
Reaction score
I said on here some time ago that he would struggle a bit in the acting/TV personality role because he just doesn’t have the same charisma or affable personality as a Manning or Romo. Pretty sure I got flamed for it. I don’t see him as painful to watch like some, but he’s not entertaining either if we’re being honest. Great man and highly intelligent, but not sure he’ll find his way to being one of the best. He just needs to serve in an analytical role — that’s where he can shine, not as a “color” analyst. I’ve been in Los Angeles and in the industry long enough to know some folks have that shine and others just don’t. You know it when you see it and, while you can certainly get better on camera, you can’t will that magic. You have it or you don’t.

He’ll find some comfort and lighten up a bit, but he’s still gonna be Drew and that’s ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom