Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (2 Viewers)

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think he's as bad as everyone is saying. However, it is a very difficult transition to make im sure. maybe he needs someone in his head telling him what to say LOL. just kidding........i have a lot of faith in D.Brees he will go as far as he wants too!

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
while i agree he should loosen up and relax I also don’t think he should go out of his way to develop this typical NFL announcer persona. Just call the games and break down plays. In this instance I don’t think boring is bad because I find myself muting a lot of broadcasts due to bad, over the top announcing.

Cincy Saint

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think he's as bad as everyone is saying. However, it is a very difficult transition to make im sure. maybe he needs someone in his head telling him what to say LOL. just kidding........i have a lot of faith in D.Brees he will go as far as he wants too!
Exactly. Brees has little experience broadcasting and everyone expects him to be great and perfect. It takes practice.

Read what Mike Golic had to say about Drew and the situation he is in.

When Drew started doing the Notre Dame games, people would tweet at me, ‘what do you think?’ I said listen, I’m not judging a guy when he just starts. He’s a walk-in Hall of Famer. But he’s now in a different world of learning timing and everything that goes with a TV broadcast, which he’ll learn.

Golic on Brees

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
I’ll echo a lot of the sentiments on this thread. Drew is green right now. He’s got to get more time since he’s not a “natural” commentator like Romo or even Greg Olsen. The guys who made the transition from the field to the upper-tier announcing teams had to transition through some awkward developmental times.

Phil Simms did a few years on the middle tier before he got team up with Nantes for a few years. Chris Collinsworth was a 3rd wheel on the Madden/Summeral calls for a year or two on Fox.

The issue is that every network is looking for the next Romo. The charismatic ex-QB who can call a play before it happens.

Drew isn’t naturally that guy but he has a lot or room to grow.

kizzy821

Raisins: the devil's chocolate chips.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Romo is goofy af. I don't know why he's the standard. Goofy with a side of A.D.D.

latechsaint26

Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
He’s always been this way though. One of the comments said he’s very corporate, which is a good description. He’s never been outspoken. His interviews have always sounded generic
Ok my time I’ve ever seen any real personality from him was when he went on Mark and Cams podcast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom