Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (1 Viewer)

He starts a lot of his sentences with "yeah", before giving whatever analysis he's about to give.

He also used to love the word "obviously", in his post game interviews.

Probably just one of those things he'll get better at, with continued practice. We already know he's willing to put in the work.
he used to say "um" all the time and he doesn't do that anymore, so you know he's working hard on his craft

Didn't Tony Romo get the same treatment from us when he started out in the boothe? I know I did, but now he's pretty decent. Drew will get better, he's smart, he knows what he's doing and knows what he needs to do to get better. I don't see him stepping away from a challenge unless the network yanks him out of the booth.
Sure did

I don’t know if I entirely agree with that. Remember what happened in New Orleans after a “certain interview”?

Given all that backlash (including, according to his wife, death threats) perhaps he’s just not inclined to say anything even remotely controversial

I love Brees, but I am not really sold on him as a color commentator. He seems too matter of fact, maybe even a little uptight. Perhaps its nerves. IDK. Like I said, love the guy, he's a legend on the field- but may need more time in the booth and perhaps some tips.

He’s always been this way though. One of the comments said he’s very corporate, which is a good description. He’s never been outspoken. His interviews have always sounded generic
This. I appreciate the guy and what he did for this team but when they announced this I didn’t think it would be a good fit b/c he seems to be a bit hesitant to really speak his mind and he’s not gonna go against the status quo or the general consensus for the most part. Plus dude is a bit repetitive when he speaks. Remember how many times he said, “we we’re this close, if only we could get that one inch or first down.” Lol. He may get better but I see him more as a coach, think he would be amazing in that role.

This. I appreciate the guy and what he did for this team but when they announced this I didn’t think it would be a good fit b/c he seems to be a bit hesitant to really speak his mind and he’s not gonna go against the status quo or the general consensus for the most part. Plus dude is a bit repetitive when he speaks. Remember how many times he said, “we we’re this close, if only we could get that one inch or first down.” Lol. He may get better but I see him more as a coach, think he would be amazing in that role.
Drew isn't going to coach. How many top QBs want to take on that kind of workload? Plus it would probably cost him money.

The commentary is too harsh, over the top, and unwarranted. He's gotten better with every broadcast. He'll loosen up more with experience, and is better than most already. If you like X's and O's, you'll like his contributions. If you're looking for wisecracks, jokes, and hot takes - he's not your guy.

Other than Romo, whos offering better actual in-game perspective? Listening to the clowns on MNF tonight, he measures up pretty darn good, IMO.

Didn't Tony Romo get the same treatment from us when he started out in the boothe? I know I did, but now he's pretty decent. Drew will get better, he's smart, he knows what he's doing and knows what he needs to do to get better. I don't see him stepping away from a challenge unless the network yanks him out of the booth.
Nope, Romo was brilliant on his very first game.

He seems to be watching the game and dissecting it, as if he is at home. Like his mind is envisioning him in those plays. He needs to get himself out of that mode and get in commentator mode. He also needs some quirky phrases to go with his dialogue. Like acting as if he is getting drunk with his buddies, talking football, and loosen up a bit. Not too loose. Cant go all Charles Barkley, but just loosen up.

Drew was marked as a player by his focus and intensity. He was wound up pretty tight.
Being a studio analyst or a color guy in the booth requires you to be loose, off the cuff, entertaining.
It‘s not the natural environment for the grinders in the front row. It’s better suited to the cut ups in the back of the class.
Don’t know if that’s in Drew’s tool bag…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom