Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (1 Viewer)

I kind of feel like you either have it or you don't when it comes to jobs like that.

He might not be great in the booth, but better than Brady or Rodgers would do in the booth, I think.

Collect your money and do the best you can, it's better than broken ribs.

If I had a quarter for every time I cringed at Drew saying "obviously" - I'd still be poorer than that guy who got paid every time Sean said "relative to."

Brees has so little presence in the booth that I watched the game and I had no idea it was him until I read it on here after the game. Yikes.

We will likely never find out. Either he will get better so that the only ones to complain would be haters and they wouldn't want to expose themselves, or he doesn't and is put back in the studio where he can prepare and have notes in advance.
i hated Romo as a cowboy, but in the booth, hes the best to me right now..

I LOVE me some Drew Brees, but broadcasting just doesn't seem to be his thing. I hope his skills improve with practice, but if not, maybe a network analyst position would better suit him.

I adore Drew. Hands down my favorite player ever but the critics are absolutely correct. I’m glad he’s getting the criticism because it will motivate him to get better but he has a ton of work to do and will have to change his entire approach to be as good as he could be.

May not be for him in the end.

Vilma was a lot better at this from his first games, and he's working with poorer play by play guys. Drew needs to dissect the game more, and be more forward in his speech.

Hard to debut on high visibility games rather than learn the craft by working your way up working the No 3 or 4 telecast on Sundays.
Look at the bright side, maybe he’ll do what Witten did and come back after giving his body a year to heal.

At one point, I had no idea if Drew was even in the booth. He made zero comments for minutes. It was crazy. To me it just seems like he's not into it. Vilma is way better. He's much more relaxed and just chats about the play. Drew when he does talk seems like he's screaming and uptight. I don't even think he's that good in the studio.

He starts a lot of his sentences with "yeah", before giving whatever analysis he's about to give.

He also used to love the word "obviously", in his post game interviews.

Probably just one of those things he'll get better at, with continued practice. We already know he's willing to put in the work.

Too many years around Bobby.

I never understood why they wanted Brees so bad. His interviews after games were always extremely vanilla. He isn't gonna say anything out there. And in the booth, you need someone a little hyper, and who might say something a fan would say....as the color is more of the fan perspective.

I guess they were hoping he would bring some good insight and call plays before they were run. That he can do and practice will help, but dude is never going to be annoyingly talkative like Romo.

I never understood why they wanted Brees so bad. His interviews after games were always extremely vanilla. He isn't gonna say anything out there. And in the booth, you need someone a little hyper, and who might say something a fan would say....as the color is more of the fan perspective.

I guess they were hoping he would bring some good insight and call plays before they were run. That he can do and practice will help, but dude is never going to be annoyingly talkative like Romo.

Brees seems like he's always choosing his words very very carefully and that's not really going to work. He needs to take a few shots of whiskey and loosen up a little bit. Maybe not Tony Romo loose but he needs to say what's on his mind and what he's seeing and what we can expect to see. He's overthinking it and that leads to long stretches of him just not saying anything. I get it. He's not that far removed from playing out there so he doesn't want to criticize guys that he was just out on the field with (and in theory if he changed his mind and wanted another season could be teammates of). Maybe after another season away it will come easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom