Drew is not very popular in the booth right now (2 Viewers)

He was ok not horrible people need to realize its his first year and hopefully he'll get better over time very few athletes have a natural talent to call a game no matter how much knowledge they have but I did feel he was being carried by Mike tirico.

Didn't Tony Romo get the same treatment from us when he started out in the boothe? I know I did, but now he's pretty decent. Drew will get better, he's smart, he knows what he's doing and knows what he needs to do to get better. I don't see him stepping away from a challenge unless the network yanks him out of the booth.

In my opinion, Romo has gotten worse. Romo doesn't seem very prepared anymore. I think even Jim Nantz hates Romo now.

Crazy, and I’m sure an unpopular opinion around here… but I don’t care.

Brees was the GOAT QB for the Saints… and I’ll be a fan of his forever… but if he’s not popular or successful slinging the NFLs crooked game, I really couldn’t care less.

Walk away Drew! Go enjoy your family, your legacy, and your money.
Or.... radical thought here... come back and be mayor of N.O. Then guvna....

Greg Olsen is better than Brees IMO. I hope he gets better, but so far Brees is exactly what I expected him to be in the booth. Dull and not smooth at all.

His style is perfect for Notre Dame football games imo.

(at this moment) he has not tailored his style for primetime hours college nor nfl imo.

he can do it, it's up to him.

I remember Romo was rough out the gates but he had a natural story telling personality and he challeged things as the game went along in an open ended approach...plus he gets hyped like he just cleared a line or two at times like M.Irvin lol

I didn't like Romo because he was a Cowboy. That's what I meant. I think a lot of people will never like Drew, no matter how much he develops, because he was a Saint.

Not a thing for me at all. I like Romo, I like anyone who can bring meaningful analysis to the game, there are so very few that can. Couldn't care less who they played for....

Folks couldn't stand his style/delivery/arrogance or whatever but Joe Thiesman knew the game very well, was just poor at delivering it....

It’s a shame because Tirico is by far the best in the business and they could be a great combo.

I only caught a bit of the playoff game but I did notice the long pauses before Drew started talking, it felt like Tirico had to keep elbowing him to remind him to chime in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom