Drew passed the torch to Jameis ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Unfortunately that too was intercepted :cautious:

On a more serious note , why would he tell him that knowing what Payton proclaims about Taysom ? I think he knows something we all don't know. Perhaps Taysom is already apart of trade package which may be why he truly didn't play. He may have refused to play and risk significant injury. :unsure:

Perhaps there's internal conflict about the direction of the offense and team post Drew , and not everyone agreed which may have leaked onto the field today.

I've observed Kamara totally unimpressed , and uninterested in Taysom Hill's play.

Nevertheless , I saw what I saw , and he told him it is indeed his team now.

Any guesses fellas ?

I think Winston has been the favorite to take over since the Eagles game. Payton has to see what we see. Hill is not a QB.

I doubt he’s traded though. He excels here in his role. He should stick with that.

I think Winston has been the favorite to take over since the Eagles game. Payton has to see what we see. Hill is not a QB.

I doubt he’s traded though. He excels here in his role. He should stick with that.
I find it insulting to say he isn't a QB , because he is , just not a very good one. That being said , they must see the Mahomes sized upside Jameis has.

Because Taysom isn't an NFL-level QB. An NFL-level QB would've recognized no deep safety and actually passed the ball to Harris last week instead of double-clutching and eating an unnecessary sack.

Unfortunately that too was intercepted :cautious:

On a more serious note , why would he tell him that knowing what Payton proclaims about Taysom ? I think he knows something we all don't know. Perhaps Taysom is already apart of trade package which may be why he truly didn't play. He may have refused to play and risk significant injury. :unsure:

Perhaps there's internal conflict about the direction of the offense and team post Drew , and not everyone agreed which may have leaked onto the field today.

I've observed Kamara totally unimpressed , and uninterested in Taysom Hill's play.

Nevertheless , I saw what I saw , and he told him it is indeed his team now.

Any guesses fellas ?

Winston might not be the future, but Hill is definitely not the answer long term. I do like him, but he can’t throw a touch pass to Kamara. Look at Kamara”s number when Hill is in and you understand why. And if Payton has to pick between Kamara and Hill, I’m pretty sure you know the answer.

I don't think it was so much passing the torch but it was probably more of "You have everything to be a great QB, work hard, and you will be great" kinda pep talk.

It was sad to see that. Drew obviously knew he let everyone down and you could see it in his face. He was totally holding back his tears. Definitely not the ending any of us saw happening and it's real sad to see it end that way.

If winston played this full game the score would have been 0-50 Bucs
No I think it’s time to finally draft a guy. These new QBs coming out of college the last 3-4 years are different and they all landing in the AFC.
By the time we pick , everyone will be gone ... And I like continuity over a rookie. Jameis is closer to an fieldable QB as opposed to these new guy.

At one time we would've marveled at having Jameis Winston as Drew's succerssor. We said no way no how possible. We said never. And Tampa just handed us their future for a run with Tom Brady.

I'm not a big fan of how fast we turn the page on these QBs so quickly.

Why would you make your future QB into a 3rd string guy? He didn't even start him when Brees was out, he was a back-up to Brees and Hill.
No offseason program, no OTAs, no preseason, etc. Logically you go with the guy who's been in the program for four years over the guy coming over from garbage coaching in a dumpster fire of a franchise.

You saw at the end of the game the camera caught them talking and you could tell Winston was giving Brees his respect and Brees emotionally pointed at Winston telling him it's on you now, basically passing the torch.

By the time we pick , everyone will be gone ... And I like continuity over a rookie. Jameis is closer to an fieldable QB as opposed to these new guy.

At one time we would've marveled at having Jameis Winston as Drew's succerssor. We said no way no how possible. We said never. And Tampa just handed us their future for a run with Tom Brady.

I'm not a big fan of how fast we turn the page on these QBs so quickly.
I have no problem moving up if we are getting a generational talent that Payton likes. Especially for a team this loaded, we pretty much burned a first on Davenport and didn’t even miss the pick even though he hasn’t really panned out to the hype. All these 3rd round comp picks we have coming up from coaching and GM hires, package them with a future first and get your guy

and if someone says they want Jameis over drafting an Allen, Watson,Mahomes, etc I just can’t buy it. These new guys have exceptional football IQs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom