drew rosenhaus talks Zach Thomas on NFL Live (1 Viewer)

Summed7

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
"...he's already visited the patriots. he had a great visit, they offered him a contract. he's in New Orleans right now. he's enjoying his visit there. and we're going to put everything on hold during the combine. after the combine he's going to dallas on tuesday, houston on wednesday, and he's been offered visits to new york with the jets, the buffalo bills, and the denver broncos. zach is a hot commodity. we expect to get his deal done before the 29. we'll beat the other free agents to the punch."

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he would be a good pick for the Saints, but I wont be surprised if he doesnt sign with us.

Tulane Saint

Rookie
Reaction score
Maybe he wants a ring. If that's the case...he'll sign with the patriots for less money. He would be a great character guy + give us 2-3 good years.

Just my 2 cents

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
The Saints are third behind the Patriots and Cowboys.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was this a live interview? If so that's good news that he is still in New Orleans.

Conrad

Reaction score
Not good. I doubt that the Saints can beat out all those teams in both chance to win a Superbowl and money.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
he would be a good pick for the Saints, but I wont be surprised if he doesnt sign with us.

He'd be a perfect fit for the Saints....smart and a playmaker. But the cost to outbid the Pats and 'Boys might just be too much. I'm all for signing him to an incentive laden contract with a nice but on lower end signing bonus. If he's demanding a heavily front loaded deal with a hefty SB I'd pass......

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Why are we NOT interested in Al Wilson? If he's been cleared to play, and doesn't have the concussion history of Thomas, and is younger, and has proven he can lead a defense as a MLB.... Why are we NOT interested?

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Why are we NOT interested in Al Wilson? If he's been cleared to play, and doesn't have the concussion history of Thomas, and is younger, and has proven he can lead a defense as a MLB.... Why are we NOT interested?

Maybe he can't be signed until after the regular FA period starts.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought he would only consider Superbowl contending teams with established top QBs. Texans, Jets, Bills, Broncos???

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Yeah, but there isn't even any news on us showing interest in him. Atleast I don't think there's any news about that.

Is there any news about us being interested in any player that's currently under contract with another team?

I think we have a decent shot to land Thomas. I wouldn't underestimate the allure of the city or Payton's recruiting skills.

Bless U Boys

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I thought he would only consider Superbowl contending teams with established top QBs. Texans, Jets, Bills, Broncos???

1 year ago I would have added Giants to that list....

St. Greatness

Tartar Sauce!!!
Reaction score
Is there any news about us being interested in any player that's currently under contract with another team?

I think we have a decent shot to land Thomas. I wouldn't underestimate the allure of the city or Payton's recruiting skills.

I don't understand your logic. Wilson isn't under contract, the Broncos released him last year.

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
Maybe he can't be signed until after the regular FA period starts.

No, he can sign anytime, that has been brought up and his agent DrewR even said it live on ESPN that he is free and clear to sign anytime and that they want to have him signed before the FA period starts so that he isn't in a confusing mix of other FAs floating around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom