drew rosenhaus talks Zach Thomas on NFL Live (1 Viewer)

Maybe he can't be signed until after the regular FA period starts.

No, he can sign anytime, that has been brought up and his agent DrewR even said it live on ESPN that he is free and clear to sign anytime and that they want to have him signed before the FA period starts so that he isn't in a confusing mix of other FAs floating around.

Why are we NOT interested in Al Wilson? If he's been cleared to play, and doesn't have the concussion history of Thomas, and is younger, and has proven he can lead a defense as a MLB.... Why are we NOT interested?

I thought he got released because of Neck problems, doesn't sound good to me. I don't want another Anthony Simmons, where we rely on someone and then they quit because of injury, on the first day of training camp. I do think Zach Thomas is worth the risk, and so do many other teams.

I thought he got released because of Neck problems, doesn't sound good to me. I don't want another Anthony Simmons, where we rely on someone and then they quit because of injury, on the first day of training camp. I do think Zach Thomas is worth the risk, and so do many other teams.

Zach Thomas is just as likely to pull an Anthony Simmons as Al Wilson. Wilson has been cleared to resume play immediately. He'll be fine. The only reason he was cut was that the Broncos were in cap trouble.

Last edited:
Plus I read someplace (on here?) that the Dr. that cleared Wilson to play is quite conservative on clearing injured players to play....

Frankly, do the Cowboys need another LB?

I don't understand your logic. Wilson isn't under contract, the Broncos released him last year.

I was basing that on BoNcHiE's comment that perhaps he couldn't be signed until the regular FA period. The only way that would be the case was if he were under contract with another team. That has since been debunked.

I think the Saints aren't showing any interest because of the injury risk. When is the last time Wilson has played a full season?

I was basing that on BoNcHiE's comment that perhaps he couldn't be signed until the regular FA period. The only way that would be the case was if he were under contract with another team. That has since been debunked.

I think the Saints aren't showing any interest because of the injury risk. When is the last time Wilson has played a full season?

Hes never missed more then 1 game per season in his career until last year. In 2006 he played 15. He is only 29 I think also.

For the record, Anthony Simmons didn't retire due to injury. He quit because his heart wasn't in the game anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom