Drew sets another record - to a chorus of whispers (1 Viewer)

Nigh Impossible
Most Championship Game Appearances - 10 it will be almost impossible for anyone in the modern era of football to top Otto Graham. He won 7 of them.

.810 Career Regular Season Winning Percentage - Otto Graham
.702 Manning

Career Yards per Pass Completion - 16.4 Ed Brown
Sid Luckman 16.2
Otto Graham 16.1

Unlikely
Career Yards per Pass Attempt - Graham 9.0
Brees 7.5

Definitely Challenging
Career TDs - Manning 539
Brees 442

If he switches to kicker I think he can give Blanda a run for his money in length of playing career.

Of course it helps that Otto Graham played in a 12-team league. :hihi:

Losing the playoff game to SF is my biggest heartache as a Saints fan. We win that game, and we get the Giants in the Dome in the era when we were destroying the Giants. We would have gone to the SB and won it without a doubt if we simply don't have all the turnovers against SF, or if the defense holds up its end in the late 4th quarter. I don't think I'll ever get over that game.

Or if Gregg Williams didn't let Vernon Davis run free in our secondary.

And come on people, stop the inferiority complex. Brees gets plenty of credit. His name is always mentioned among the greatest of all time like Marino, Manning, Elway and Montana. Who is the best in that group is subjective.

Or if Gregg Williams didn't let Vernon Davis run free in our secondary.

I am one of the few that will never blame Gregg Williams for that play call.

We had been doing heavy blitzes at the end of close games his entire tenure as D.C., and with success, and he still does it to this day in STL. You see a team lineup for a hail mary, Gregg is sending 6+ rushers and not even giving the receivers a chance to get down field.

Thing is, we had been KILLING them with the blitz most of the second half and at that particular moment, they seemed to really be struggling with communication or something. It was one of the sloppier looking two minute drills I had seen up to that point and he decided he had the chance to go for the kill at that spot. We had them really reeling there.

If we had gotten a better jam, Alex Smith gets sacked for a huge loss or throws a pick, and Gregg Williams is a hero.

There's no way you're thinking that Alex Smith of all people was going to get the pass off and throw it at the exact perfect spot or that Jenkins was going to whiff so badly on the coverage or that the tight end, even though fast, would turn it into a 50+ yard catch and run.

I liked the call. Obviously I hated the result and what it meant, but I am not going to crucify the guy for it.

He's a shoe-in for the greatest number of times to be overlooked as the League MVP.

But that's JMHO. :shy:

Perhaps assuming you are talking strictly about the AP Award.

Dan Fouts never won the award as well even though he lead the league in passing yards from 1979 - 1982.

Len Dawson never won the award even though he had the highest completion % from 1964 to 1969

Eric Dickerson held the rushing title for 4 seasons including 2105 yards in 1984 yet he never won the award.

Merlin Olsen was one of the most consistently dominant players to ever play in the NFL and he never won the AP award.

IMO the AP award (which isnt the only player of the Year Award) really doesnt mean all that much. Drew Brees won the Bert Bell Award in 2009 which IMO holds more weight.

We had been doing heavy blitzes at the end of close games his entire tenure as D.C., and with success, and he still does it to this day in STL. You see a team lineup for a hail mary, Gregg is sending 6+ rushers and not even giving the receivers a chance to get down field.

Thing is, we had been KILLING them with the blitz most of the second half and at that particular moment, they seemed to really be struggling with communication or something. It was one of the sloppier looking two minute drills I had seen up to that point and he decided he had the chance to go for the kill at that spot. We had them really reeling there.

If we had gotten a better jam, Alex Smith gets sacked for a huge loss or throws a pick, and Gregg Williams is a hero.

There's no way you're thinking that Alex Smith of all people was going to get the pass off and throw it at the exact perfect spot or that Jenkins was going to whiff so badly on the coverage or that the tight end, even though fast, would turn it into a 50+ yard catch and run.

I liked the call. Obviously I hated the result and what it meant, but I am not going to crucify the guy for it.

I'd kick Gregg Williams square in the scrotum for his part in burning down that team, but I also don't blame him for that play call. Like he said afterwards, "who in the world expects Alex Smith to make that throw?"

That's all fine and good, but you have to adjust to your competition and what is going on in the game. Vernon Davis was killing us all day and at the time was maybe the best TE in the game. And no other 49'er was really doing much. He had become basically their entire offense in that game. He needed to adjust and double Davis. Or, at least make sure he is accounted for and not running down the field wide open.

It's not a conspiracy...
We haven't been a winning football team since 2013. The media isn't going to pay attention when you are a losing team.
I don't agree that there is a conspiracy against the Saint, but the media sure keeps covering teams like the Jets, and Cowboys despite the being bad teams over the last few years.

We’re WHODATS and that’s why we feel the NEED for recognition for Our QB. The fact that we got railroaded into some kind of weird conflict with The League and Goodell is troubling for me and the whole Bounty thing. THAT killed our “flow” which was strong with the Force there after a post Super Bowl leveling off, we were right there again but then we went off the rails by being blamed for some conspiracy. That occurrence blew down our house like a Katrina storm surge and maybe we had gotten too much attention for a demolished City? Come on, now~! As if we didn’t have enough to overcome, here comes the League to knock us down, we’ve been dealing ever since.....IMHO. Time to move on and gain some ground as we head into KC against a strong team. We need to get this “W” and let the past go with respect coming from WINNING again~! We’ve got the goods and even our defense is sure putting in the work and effort. Get healthy again with some of our KEY Defensive players and we’ll see Drew’s name mentioned more and more and the records will keep falling to him, impossible to ignore. Right? WHODAT~!

What chapped my be-hind was when Moose Johnson said that Manning's record was mostly wins and Drew's were half and half. Insinuating that Drew's record didn't mean as much. Thanks so much for pissing on our moment Moose, like we got little enough to get excited about so far this year...:twak:

What chapped my be-hind was when Moose Johnson said that Manning's record was mostly wins and Drew's were half and half. Insinuating that Drew's record didn't mean as much. Thanks so much for pissing on our moment Moose, like we got little enough to get excited about so far this year...:twak:

Yeah, I had a few choice words for him when I watched the game on my DVR. What a moronic thing to say.

Perhaps assuming you are talking strictly about the AP Award.

Dan Fouts never won the award as well even though he lead the league in passing yards from 1979 - 1982.

Len Dawson never won the award even though he had the highest completion % from 1964 to 1969

Eric Dickerson held the rushing title for 4 seasons including 2105 yards in 1984 yet he never won the award.

Merlin Olsen was one of the most consistently dominant players to ever play in the NFL and he never won the AP award.

IMO the AP award (which isnt the only player of the Year Award) really doesnt mean all that much. Drew Brees won the Bert Bell Award in 2009 which IMO holds more weight.

Yeah, and he also won the Miller Lite Player of the Year in 2006, the last year they awarded it. :barman:

I'd kick Gregg Williams square in the scrotum for his part in burning down that team, but I also don't blame him for that play call. Like he said afterwards, "who in the world expects Alex Smith to make that throw?"

you said "scrotum". :)

Let the press be the press and we are a small market team.

But we get to see, up close and personal, for 11 years now, one of the 3-5 greatest QBs of all time in one of the greatest passing offenses of all times. As a Saints fan, besides the SB, it doesn't get much better than that for me.

Did he really say that? That is sooo GW. I did love him when he was here.

It's liked he dared Goodell also. His comment of "Remember Me Shots" before the SB = priceless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom