Drew sets another record - to a chorus of whispers (1 Viewer)

Brees is awesome.

If you want the media to give him more love, here are the records that need to change:

7-9
7-9
2-3

Until then, all we're going to hear about is "IS DAK PRESCOTT TEH NEW BRADY" and the twilight years of the greatest player in franchise history are wasted. QBs get more love for winning.

I'll take the heat, but in the modern NFL a 400yd game might be a negative indicator of success. You only need a 400yd game to cover up a deficiency elsewhere.

They don't give him any love because he rightfully called them out and said "nobody believes anything from the league office" so I'm guessing there's probably some gag order on giving the Saints any props.. ( IMO ) However, we are not helping our cause by being 2-3.. Which sucks because we could easily have been 4-1 had it not been for 2 games we gave away on defense... regardless, its a 16-game season, lets see how this plays out..

They don't give him any love because he rightfully called them out and said "nobody believes anything from the league office" so I'm guessing there's probably some gag order on giving the Saints any props.. ( IMO ) However, we are not helping our cause by being 2-3.. Which sucks because we could easily have been 4-1 had it not been for 2 games we gave away on defense... regardless, its a 16-game season, lets see how this plays out..

It's not a conspiracy...
We haven't been a winning football team since 2013. The media isn't going to pay attention when you are a losing team.

I think the thing unfortunately missing for Drew is that elusive second Super Bowl ring. It shouldn't come down to that, but that's what would have gotten the media to respect Drew's greatness at a higher level.

I am still sick about that 2011 season. That was going to be the one that put him in the place to firmly be called "The Greatest of All-Time."

Two titles along with all of those records - there would have been no argument whatsoever.

I agree. That was the one that got away. We could have won that year if we had gotten past the niners, which was the worst matchup possible. The Giants would not have stopped the Saints from advancing.

I'll take the heat, but in the modern NFL a 400yd game might be a negative indicator of success. You only need a 400yd game to cover up a deficiency elsewhere.

True,,, but not many QB's can pass for 400 when called on to do so. If you have a struggling defense and running game, Drew is a good QB to have.

I am still sick about that 2011 season. That was going to be the one that put him in the place to firmly be called "The Greatest of All-Time."
Losing the playoff game to SF is my biggest heartache as a Saints fan. We win that game, and we get the Giants in the Dome in the era when we were destroying the Giants. We would have gone to the SB and won it without a doubt if we simply don't have all the turnovers against SF, or if the defense holds up its end in the late 4th quarter. I don't think I'll ever get over that game.

So tired of people whining.

no respect, waaaaaaaah.

It does come across a bit like that. I agree that Drew doesn't get mentioned necessarily as much as he should, but I don't think it's a conspiracy.

When the Saints were winning, Drew got lots of love. I would love to have Drew be recognized for a regular season MVP, but i'm sure he'll take the Super Bowl MVP all day long. The years he didn't win it, the guys that did win it probably deserved it. It's a one year award. it's not a career aware. Drew actually still gets lots of love when the Saints are actually playing in the game they are covering.

The problem is that the Saints are losing and New Orleans isn't one of the big markets. The Cowboys are always gonna get talked about, win or lose. So will the New York teams.

However, none of this above has anything to do with the HOF. Brees will not only get in, he will fly in on the first ballot. You don't win a Super Bowl and have every record in the book and not get in on the first ballot. Marino, then Favre, now Manning will be first ballot. If Drew beats all of them, he will be first ballot. Book it.

In fact just to further add, when we played the Falcons a couple weeks back, I can even remember a bunch of the guys on the panel saying something to the effect that the Saints need to "get this man some help." So people know how great he is

I think the thing unfortunately missing for Drew is that elusive second Super Bowl ring. It shouldn't come down to that, but that's what would have gotten the media to respect Drew's greatness at a higher level.

Two titles along with all of those records - there would have been no argument whatsoever.

Manning didn't have the elusive second ring either until they carted his corpse out behind the best defense in the league.

I think it's more about making the playoffs consistently than it is winning the Super Bowl. The other "big name" QBs always make the playoffs and thus get more exposure. Obviously we all know its not Drew's fault that the team hasn't made deep playoff runs recently, but your average fan doesn't really care.

If he owns all the records, that's not gonna happen...

It had better not, but we've seen how Drew gets treated in the MVP vote when he breaks records (passing yards in a season, best completion percentage in a season). And the Hall of Fame committee is made up of a lot of those same idiots who picked Rodgers over Brees for 2011 MVP. :jpshakehead:

Manning didn't have the elusive second ring either until they carted his corpse out behind the best defense in the league.

I think it's more about making the playoffs consistently than it is winning the Super Bowl. The other "big name" QBs always make the playoffs and thus get more exposure. Obviously we all know its not Drew's fault that the team hasn't made deep playoff runs recently, but your average fan doesn't really care.

Yeah, I actually amended my post before you quoted me, but I do think the fact that Manning was a consistent playoff QB and double-digit win QB played a role. The name "Manning" also carries some weight.

Unfortunately for Drew, he has been saddled by bad defenses and the team has had up and down records through no fault of his own.

Just out of curiosity, are there any major records for a QB that are considered unattainable by Brees?

He's a shoe-in for the greatest number of times to be overlooked as the League MVP.

But that's JMHO. :shy:

Just out of curiosity, are there any major records for a QB that are considered unattainable by Brees?

Nigh Impossible
Most Championship Game Appearances - 10 it will be almost impossible for anyone in the modern era of football to top Otto Graham. He won 7 of them.

.810 Career Regular Season Winning Percentage - Otto Graham
.702 Manning

Career Yards per Pass Completion - 16.4 Ed Brown
Sid Luckman 16.2
Otto Graham 16.1

Unlikely
Career Yards per Pass Attempt - Graham 9.0
Brees 7.5

Definitely Challenging
Career TDs - Manning 539
Brees 442

If he switches to kicker I think he can give Blanda a run for his money in length of playing career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom