Poll Drew, Teddy, or Taysom? (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather have if you can only have one?

• Drew Brees for 2020-2021, $26 million/season

Votes: 130 52.8%
  • Teddy Bridgewater for 2020-2023, $20 million/season

Votes: 34 13.8%
  • Taysom Hill for 2020-2023, $12 million/season

Votes: 82 33.3%

• Total voters

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’d have to go with Teddy. The Saints are getting very close to handicapping the team to keep Brees.
As a Laker fan, I’ve seen this happen before. They kept Kobe a few years too long out of obligation and that hurt the team a few seasons AFTER he left.

With Teddy, the Saints are still the top team in the NFCS. And it forces Payton to be more balanced.

kostelka81

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree that we don't want to handicap the team tremendously to keep Brees. We should take advantage of having a backup who can be groomed. However, i still think Brees gives the team the best chance to win next season over the other QBs. I would be shocked if Taysom leaves even if Brees stays. I don't see how we could keep Teddy in that scenario, though.

OP
sammymvpknight
Reaction score
Invalid pole. No Tacoes option.
LOL everyone would weasel their way out of the poll. I don't think that anyone really wants to make the decision, Saints front office included. All three have their positives and negatives, all three will probably demand good sized salaries, and all three are A+ team mates and human beings.

OP
sammymvpknight
Reaction score
I'm going to put this same poll up at a popular football forum that isn't affiliated with the Saints and see what they think. I'm pretty sure that there will be differing opinions on the matter.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
LOL everyone would weasel their way out of the poll. I don't think that anyone really wants to make the decision, Saints front office included. All three have their positives and negatives, all three will probably demand good sized salaries, and all three are A+ team mates and human beings.
:potd:
You said what I have not heard before Sammy. No one wants to make this call especially our FO.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
If Brees wants to play again, he's the best QB on the field and we likely do better with him on a new contract because we no longer have to just eat that huge lump of dead money.

If Brees retires, I think Teddy has to be who you go with. He's younger than Taysom and a better pure QB, which usually means more in the long run vs. being able to run the option.

And with Teddy as the starter, you can have Taysom play a good bit if you want while not overusing him to the extent that he loses effectiveness. He's going to be on the team regardless.

No matter what, we have to draft a QB to start grooming, even if the guy ends up being Teddy or Hill. You can always trade a good QB prospect for a high pick if they develop well, so it won't be a total loss and we need the contingency plan.

cajunrevenge

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Here is my proposal. Sign Brees to a 5 year 50 million contract all guaranteed. 10 mill a year sounds low but he can play 2 years and it's essentially 2 years 50 million. This way he can play as long as he wants. I would offer Teddy a similar deal with bonuses if he becomes the fulltime starter. I think we are a prime location for potential backup QBs if he leaves. I like Taysom but I think he is too valuable in his current roles and we need to expand his usage in those roles.

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It is Teddy without a doubt. We all love Drew, I certainly do, but the nfl stands for not for long and Teddy is our best piece moving forward.

1. Teddy has great arm strength.
2. He can still run if chased out the pocket
3. He is a very accurate passer.
4. He is a very coachable p mp player.
5. Great person.
6. Younger and in demand.

Drew loses out on three points:

1. Arm strength.
2. Isn't a runner.
3. If we don't commit to Teddy this year someone else will.

Would Drew accept a back up qb position. What about mayor of New Orleans, governor, senator, representative in the house? That is how much I feel he is loved. But Teddy is the future of we choose to take him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Can you imagine a near-empty Superdome for Saints games? Drew Brees finds it difficult SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Jared Cook on Year 2 w/ Drew Brees at 2020 Saints Training Camp SR News Page Articles 0
How Emmanuel Sanders and Drew Brees got a jump-start on their rapport Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Emmanuel Sanders is building chemistry with Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders opens up about relationship with Drew Brees SR News Page Articles 0
After Drew Brees, how many current Saints could reach Hall of Fame? Six others, ESPN writer says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tony1Saintfan We all know this is probably Drew’s last year.... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saints QB Drew Brees may be 41, but his downfield numbers are 'still strong,' Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Saints' Drew Brees got creative to make his 41-year-old arm feel 'live' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Preview: Saints are back but a lot depends on Drew Brees, on and off the field SR News Page Articles 0
Saints, NFL fans root for Teddy Bridgewater, even in an enemy uniform. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Teddy Bridgewater: Cam Newton is Cam Newton; I’m still Teddy Bridgewater Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 12: Alvin Kamara reveals 2019 injury and Taysom Hill expecting first child soon Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom