Poll Drew, Teddy, or Taysom? (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather have if you can only have one?

• Drew Brees for 2020-2021, $26 million/season

Votes: 130 52.8%
  • Teddy Bridgewater for 2020-2023, $20 million/season

Votes: 34 13.8%
  • Taysom Hill for 2020-2023, $12 million/season

Votes: 82 33.3%

• Total voters
I’d have to go with Teddy. The Saints are getting very close to handicapping the team to keep Brees.
As a Laker fan, I’ve seen this happen before. They kept Kobe a few years too long out of obligation and that hurt the team a few seasons AFTER he left.

With Teddy, the Saints are still the top team in the NFCS. And it forces Payton to be more balanced.

I agree that we don't want to handicap the team tremendously to keep Brees. We should take advantage of having a backup who can be groomed. However, i still think Brees gives the team the best chance to win next season over the other QBs. I would be shocked if Taysom leaves even if Brees stays. I don't see how we could keep Teddy in that scenario, though.

Invalid pole. No Tacoes option.

LOL everyone would weasel their way out of the poll. I don't think that anyone really wants to make the decision, Saints front office included. All three have their positives and negatives, all three will probably demand good sized salaries, and all three are A+ team mates and human beings.

I'm going to put this same poll up at a popular football forum that isn't affiliated with the Saints and see what they think. I'm pretty sure that there will be differing opinions on the matter.

LOL everyone would weasel their way out of the poll. I don't think that anyone really wants to make the decision, Saints front office included. All three have their positives and negatives, all three will probably demand good sized salaries, and all three are A+ team mates and human beings.

:potd:
You said what I have not heard before Sammy. No one wants to make this call especially our FO.

If Brees wants to play again, he's the best QB on the field and we likely do better with him on a new contract because we no longer have to just eat that huge lump of dead money.

If Brees retires, I think Teddy has to be who you go with. He's younger than Taysom and a better pure QB, which usually means more in the long run vs. being able to run the option.

And with Teddy as the starter, you can have Taysom play a good bit if you want while not overusing him to the extent that he loses effectiveness. He's going to be on the team regardless.

No matter what, we have to draft a QB to start grooming, even if the guy ends up being Teddy or Hill. You can always trade a good QB prospect for a high pick if they develop well, so it won't be a total loss and we need the contingency plan.

Here is my proposal. Sign Brees to a 5 year 50 million contract all guaranteed. 10 mill a year sounds low but he can play 2 years and it's essentially 2 years 50 million. This way he can play as long as he wants. I would offer Teddy a similar deal with bonuses if he becomes the fulltime starter. I think we are a prime location for potential backup QBs if he leaves. I like Taysom but I think he is too valuable in his current roles and we need to expand his usage in those roles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom