Poll Drew, Teddy, or Taysom? (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather have if you can only have one?

• Drew Brees for 2020-2021, $26 million/season

Votes: 130 52.8%
  • Teddy Bridgewater for 2020-2023, $20 million/season

Votes: 34 13.8%
  • Taysom Hill for 2020-2023, $12 million/season

Votes: 82 33.3%

• Total voters
It is Teddy without a doubt. We all love Drew, I certainly do, but the nfl stands for not for long and Teddy is our best piece moving forward.

1. Teddy has great arm strength.
2. He can still run if chased out the pocket
3. He is a very accurate passer.
4. He is a very coachable p mp player.
5. Great person.
6. Younger and in demand.

Drew loses out on three points:

1. Arm strength.
2. Isn't a runner.
3. If we don't commit to Teddy this year someone else will.

Would Drew accept a back up qb position. What about mayor of New Orleans, governor, senator, representative in the house? That is how much I feel he is loved. But Teddy is the future of we choose to take him.

I voted Drew at those prices. I don't think the contracts per year will be that close between Drew and Teddy though.

Last edited:
Taysom. He is more dynamic than both QBs, much stronger arm and is effective with his legs. I highly doubt he would get 12m if he was projected to be a starting QB but he would still be significantly cheaper than Brees, and cheaper than teddy.

Rather re-sign Brees to an incentive laden contract than pile all that money on the table hoping he's still got "it" because he thinks he does.

If TB wants to carry the clipboard for the same pay as this year, so much the better.

I don't believe TH is the future at QB, but he's a huge asset to the team and needs to be paid well.

Drew loses out on three points:

1. Arm strength.
2. Isn't a runner.
3. If we don't commit to Teddy this year someone else will.

Nothing wrong with not being a runner, but even a pocket passer needs the mobility to slip out of a sack. Come to think of - it's been almost a decade since I've even seen Drew do that rollout to the right he used to do.

I miss that play. That rollout was a thing of beauty and scared the heck out of defenses because no one expected Brees to run, but you had to respect his legs. Loyalty or no, Payton has to be getting a little sick of it.

If Brees wants to play again, he's the best QB on the field and we likely do better with him on a new contract because we no longer have to just eat that huge lump of dead money.

If Brees retires, I think Teddy has to be who you go with. He's younger than Taysom and a better pure QB, which usually means more in the long run vs. being able to run the option.

And with Teddy as the starter, you can have Taysom play a good bit if you want while not overusing him to the extent that he loses effectiveness. He's going to be on the team regardless.

No matter what, we have to draft a QB to start grooming, even if the guy ends up being Teddy or Hill. You can always trade a good QB prospect for a high pick if they develop well, so it won't be a total loss and we need the contingency plan.

If Brady walks I can see the Pats bidding for Taysom. Second place is the Las Vegas.

If Brady walks I can see the Pats bidding for Taysom. Second place is the Las Vegas.

We can put a 1st round tender on him for less than 5mil. Nobody is giving up their 1st for a 30 year old Taysom.

I voted Drew. But the real answer is pay Drew, tender Taysom, and see where we are in a year when Taysom is a UFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom