Tweet/s Drew Update (1 Viewer)

Definitely don't get the feeling he'll be back before the BYE, which I know is what we all pretty much suspected.

Definitely don't get the feeling he'll be back before the BYE, which I know is what we all pretty much suspected.

Personally, I hope he waits until after the bye.

Give the hand as much time as possible to heal. At worst we will be 5-3 after the bye (likely 6-2, possibly 7-1)

After the bye unleash him on Atlanta, just so we can continue to laugh at them

I didn't. I looked at it this way, say the team lost all/most of the games with him out. well the season would probably be done, so no sense in rushing him back.
On the other hand, say the team won some, well no sense in rushing him back then either due to the success of the team. I figured He would be back after the bye since there wouldn't be much of a reason to rush him back regardless of the outcome.

I didn't. I looked at it this way, say the team lost all/most of the games with him out. well the season would probably be done, so no sense in rushing him back.
On the other hand, say the team won some, well no sense in rushing him back then either due to the success of the team. I figured He would be back after the bye since there wouldn't be much of a reason to rush him back regardless of the outcome.

So you agree with me. Lol

Enjoy this man. I will deeply miss everything from his play, his demeanor, his professionalism, his class, his birth mark, all the down to the way he licks his fingers in between snaps. That’s my quarterback.

And one thing is for sure, he realizes how good our defense is by getting a chance to watch them play now. When he comes back, the league better watch out.

Personally, I hope he waits until after the bye.

Give the hand as much time as possible to heal. At worst we will be 5-3 after the bye (likely 6-2, possibly 7-1)

After the bye unleash him on Atlanta, just so we can continue to laugh at them
Yeah, I'm of this opinion. What's the rush. We haven't lost a game since he got injured (not counting the Rams). If the Saints go 1-1 in their next two games they will still be in first place in the division.

I just hope Kamara's ankle isn't an issue. He looked a little less nimble, by his standards, on Sunday.

The bye comes at a near perfect time regarding Brees. Perfect world would be to have it scheduled after the Bears game and that would force Drew to get that full 6 weeks rehab + one week. I hope he waits until after the bye, but he's smart man with smart doctors, so I have to trust his judgement.

I talked with a hand (ortho) doctor just about two hours ago and had a long talk about Drew's hand. The doctor said that he performs the exact same surgery on his patients and it is a six weeks period for a full recovery. I asked if there might be any chance for a re-injury of the tendon for a two week early return (4 weeks). He said that the repaired area would be no more likely for an injury that it was before the injury, but that the surrounding tissue would/might not respond the same before the six weeks time frame. Finally I asked, if he was Drew's doctor would he advise Drew to wait the full six weeks before returning to the game. He replied... 'As long as Bridgewater is winning football games as the QB, he should wait the full six weeks.' Then I said... 'So you're saying there's a chance!' :hihi:

It's great to have a doctor who is a true Saints fan! :9:

I'm in the wait camp but I also don't think we should assume that Arizona will be the perfect come back game.

Ideally Brees would go to the farm league to get a warmup match against inferior competition upon returning. Luckily the Saints play the Falcons right after the bye which serves the same purpose.
Will he be the Scout team QB next week? He's already throwing regulation balls. :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom