Drew (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
But he wasn’t a game manager these past two weeks. We’ve had to win the game via his arm. Now, I’m not saying he still has the same fast ball. However, his knuckleball is still causing problems for defenses.

This is the second week we’ve seen the juxtaposition of a cannon armed QB verses Drew. And guess what? Drew has ended up the victor via death by 1000 cuts. You don’t get more points in this league because you launched a ball for 60 yards. Drew sucked the first half and rose to the challenge to take us to the victory in the second half.

A game manager is a QB who doesn’t lose a game due to doing too much. You don’t lean on a game manager; you provide the support to those types. We needed Drew to win this game tonight on his arm. He led us to that W. I’m not saying he hasn’t at times played game manager, but tonight was not one of those times.
Just really well stated.

This was the opposite of game manager. This was game saver mode.

Saint Kamara

Reaction score
The game is played by more than just his arm. Mentally I wouldn't trade him for any other qb. Next year we'll know what we've lost.
Thank you.

And we will.

Taysom would be a total disaster, I think most people are coming to that realization now.

Jameis would be interesting to watch to see if he really has matured as both a human being and a quarterback. If he has, he'd have more than a fighting chance to succeed.

Saint Kamara

Reaction score
Drew played the part of game manager for the better part of the last 2 seasons.

Both of which have been 13 win seasons respectively.

Right now - The other pieces of that are not doing their part consistently.

And it’s obviously effecting Drew and the offense as a whole.

He‘s looked unsure, off target, doesn’t trust the routes or protection, and he’s just not the same guy that can overcome those things every play anymore.

And I use the term game manager very loosely when it comes to Brees. Because he’s obviously more than that, but I’m making that distinction / comparison to what he was... and what he is now... and why fans need to understand the difference.

The frustration is going to be there... because we are used to, and expect more from him.
He was on pace for 43 TD passes last season. That's a totally ridiculous assessment.

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
He was on pace for 43 TD passes last season. That's a totally ridiculous assessment.
I was on pace to have sex 365 times on January 1st. Funny how that works. My point is my point. Agree or don’t. Ridiculous. Lol

I love the guy. Wouldn’t get rid of him if his arm fell off.

I also watch every game he plays. And there isn’t a stat or projected stat (devoid of context) that’s going to convince me that he’s the same QB he used to be, my eyes see him play every week... no stat will make me un-see what I have seen.

And I’m fine with what he is now... It still better then what most of the NFL has at QB, that's for sure. We just now have to be better around him... for us to be special at this point. That’s all I got.

Last edited:

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I love “shoot from the hip” posts after a bad drive or two.
The game is a marathon.....the defense that stops us in the first 7 minutes must also stop us in the last 7, when they are tired, confused, worn down by Payton, Drew, Alvin....

Must of felt good to post I guess......but my goodness it looks ridiculous.

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know Brees isn't the same as prime Brees, but he still knows how to win. Am I tired of the short passes? Yes, but it still works and the team tends to do well once they get into rhythm. It's when they are out of sync and I think COVID-19 has the team a little out of sync to include the defense.

What I'm hoping for is MT and ES to come back after the BYE with Brees making secondary defenses look like chopped liver. We also have another potential big WR star coming into form as well. Might have us some big threats in the near future and I think these threads will die once the offense gets going.

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
The problem is that fans want us to play Madden every week and see 15 60 yard bombs every game. Sorry folks. This is real life and not a video game. Brees sucked the first half and lit it up the 2nd half and brought us a game win. We probably would've scored a TD if Payton doesn't get cute and take snaps away from Brees who, at that point, was clearly in a zone.

NativeFan

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
You were saying?

Rule of thumb: never post absurdity during the game.
Nothing absurd and stand by what I said. We keep starting games with anemic offense and interceptions. You think that will fly against good teams in the playoffs?

I'm glad for the win but it feels like we got lucky more than anything.

dwid

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Most teams are averaging roughly 2 big plays a game (plays that go over 25 yards). That's including the Saints. When teams play us they are getting almost twice that many, and also big chunks of yardage on pi except for last night.

So while we're not the most explosive offense anymore, we're still moving the ball pretty well. I think ppl see these offenses beat our d so they expect more of our offense, but Brees doesn't have the luxury of playing our defense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees Talks Bears Defense, Offensive Game Plan| Saints-Bears Week 8 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Brees Almost Never Throws Deep Anymore. Is That A Problem For The Saints? It hasn’t been so far. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
How would Drew Brees' (alleged) 'baller' condo at the Four Seasons Hotel look? Get a sneak preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints still have that two-minute-drill magic Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights the Drew Brees leap vs. Carolina SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady, Drew Brees may pass the NFL TD pass record back and forth many times Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Drew Brees for MVP? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady passes Drew Brees for NFL passing touchdowns record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady ties Drew Brees with his 558th career touchdown pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UFCSaint Drew's Eyes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Krodwhodat Do we make a trade for a FS to make a final run with Drew Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Krodwhodat Drew Brees is a better QB with less talented receivers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Thank God for Drew Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Drew Brees' latest milestone? Saints QB the first in NFL history to hit 7K completions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintmike23 Saints That was the closest Drew Brees special ever! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
The end of the QB era, Part 3: Drew Brees’ legacy Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers Week 7, Teddy Bridgewater Is No-Problem SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees teams up with LaToya Cantrell for new coronavirus PSA Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 63