Drew's 1st 3 games in 06 (1 Viewer)

I'm not going to compare jameis to Drew. Just don't feel it's relevant. I'm watching Winston with fresh eyes and no expectations.

So far I'm not impressed. Not ready to sit him, but just not very impressed. Hopefully he starts looking more comfortable and stops the crazy WTH throws.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better by comparing 2 totally different qbs. Jameis is a game manager Drew is a hall of famer.
Drew is a HOFer now. When he came to us he was a good QB that was being replaced by Philip Rivers. That’s who he’s comparing Winston too, not Drew Brees we all know today.

Some of you guys change points to suit your side of the argument like my wife.

I seem to remember he was under 200 yards with a couple tds against Cleveland.
The one TD I remember was the deep one to Colston. It was a 50/50 type ball but it seemed like Colston intetionally slowed down which three off the defender then sped up a bit and grabbed it In the end zone. There was some debate whether that was intentional or not,

I also remember we picked off Cleveland to seal the game. I wanted to say it was Roman Harper who got the pick but it wasn’t … pretty sure it was the FS (Josh Bollocks ?) )but Harper started pointing to the ground after the pick to tell him to not try to return and risk a fumble.

Good lord...

QUIT COMPARING BREES TO WINSTON. You know who's going to live up to Brees' legacy? No one. No one available to the Saints right now will live up to Drew's accomplishments, and certainly not in his first three games.

Ugh, you people are like the guys that always compare every girl to their ex that got away. Jeez. Move on and just enjoy the win.

This and some change will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald’s. It is really irrelevant, as you also need to consider it was Payton’s first 3 games as a head coach. So what? It means nothing!

And also, Brees came in cold as the starter to a new system from jump. A lot of things to consider.
It's not irrelevant. It highlights that it takes awhile for any QB to get used to running a new offense as a starter.

Much like Drew did early, Jameis has shown some very positive things while managing the offense to wins. He's also faced a ton of adversity in the form of injuries and illness to coaches and players around him.

It all matters. It's all relevant.

This and some change will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald’s. It is really irrelevant, as you also need to consider it was Payton’s first 3 games as a head coach. So what? It means nothing!

And also, Brees came in cold as the starter to a new system from jump. A lot of things to consider.
Not to mention coming off of potential career ending shoulder surgery.

Good lord...

QUIT COMPARING BREES TO WINSTON. You know who's going to live up to Brees' legacy? No one. No one available to the Saints right now will live up to Drew's accomplishments, and certainly not in his first three games.

Ugh, you people are like the guys that always compare every girl to their ex that got away. Jeez. Move on and just enjoy the win.
This is a situation where it makes a lot of sense to point out the similarities. It takes time. As long as the QB shows some ability to run the offense effectively, which Jameis has, there is reason to draw the comparison (as long as people understand drawing comparisons doesn't mean Jameis will match or surpass Drew's career).

That was immediately after his surgery and he wasn’t even projected to be playing at that point. He was held in check intentionally. Also we had Deuce in the backfield.

I wasn't 100% excited about Brees in the beginning. I remember during the beginning of the GB game, I was saying that we weren't any better than where we were with Brooks. But by the end of the GB game, I was completely sold on Brees! Point is, we have to give JW some time. It's not easy coming in behind an HOFer and expecting that some brilliance.

Mon
9/25
NOvs.ATLW
23-3
Sun
9/17
NO@GBW
34-27
Sun
9/10
NO@CLEW
19-14

it took Drew awhile to become Drew
some of y'all should chill

(i tried to search for posts from that 1st Cleveland game - oddly enough these pages just go back to Oct 2006 - seems fishy :unsure: )

Don't.

Coming back from a shoulder injury people thought was career ending.
New to a devastated city.
New coach, who was a ...
1st year coach, which also means...
New playbook.
36 new players on the team.

Really, don't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom