Saints Drew's arm (1 Viewer)

Just from my casual observations, I don't think Drew trusts his O-line.

this seems to be part of it to me as well. That combined with not having his favorite outlet and not getting any game time before the season. It looks like the football equípela y of golfs “yips”. To me at times it’s looked like his vision due to his height is bothering him. And that could be because his guards aren’t holding that pocket at scrimmage like they do when he is at his best. If you combine lack of confidence in what you see with lack of confidence in who it’s going to... well that is not a good combo We know he can make the throws when he has to because we saw video of it. But confidence has to go up across the board. In what’s being called, in who’s protecting amd in who’s catching.

People are in for a rude awakening with our next QB. Chances are, we're going to wish we have what we have now.

it may be a rude awakening for some, but it’s the reality of football. I definitely don’t wish we have the offense we have now dink and dunk, and no commitment to the run. Change can be a good thing even when it’s force upon us.

Drew just doesn't have it physically anymore. Look at that 4th quarter pass that was almost picked. A simple down and out. The DB was beaten. However because of the slow ball, he had time to recover and put himself in position to pick the ball. Drew has done a lot over the years. Our FO didn't surround him with complementary players on the D for about 3 or 4 years and those seasons were wasted. Father Time has caught up to Drew. He is still a great person and an all time great for our team, but it's time to be put out to pasture. Sure he may have one or two good games this season, but it takes more than one or two games to go to the playoffs, especially with out D that is just lost out there.
We know he is physically limited. We just dont know what portion of that fact is due to age, and what portion of it is due to his rib injury - - and I think our due diligence to figure out how both.

My concern is Drew is going to get a receiver hurt throwing high floaters. I don't mind short accurate passes but have some zip.

Drew is the BEST SAINT EVER.

Now, at some point, his time will end.

NFL = Not For Long

I know this thread was started back near the beginning of the season, and, yes, Drew definitely had a shoulder injury. However, he's starting to throw it downfield more and his arm looks stronger than it has in some time (including all of last season). He looks to be rounding into form at the right time. If we can go into the playoffs with all of our key players healthy (which wasn't the case last year with Alvin playing on one leg), we have the potential to go all the way.

Drew Brees does not have the arm talent. the last two QB's we have faced are flicking the ball and its flying down the field and at this point is just a methodical passer who dinks and dunks and then second guesses himself when throwing deep.
This is not wrong.

The "arm strength" argument was pretty ridiculous for most of his career. He had an amazing deep ball with plenty of distance, arc and amazing accuracy and catchability. But where there is a little something to the argument is with age.

He has definitely not been the same last few years and if he is going to go deep he needs great protection and time to set up and step into the throw. With time he can still get the ball pretty deep, but he is not going to casually fling it like Rogers or Mahomes.

Last edited:
With time he can still get the ball pretty deep, but he is not going to casually fling it like Rogers or Mahomes.
But he doesn't have to be able to fling it like those two. He just has to have enough arm to back defenses off and take a safety out of the box, which, based on the second half of the KC game and last week's game against Minny, appears to be the case. And Drew is still getting healthy. I think we are going to have a very dynamic offense when we get to the playoffs and you have a healthy Drew on the field with both AK and CGM.

I'm just going to leave this right here:
Quarterback Drew Brees was aggressive in Friday’s win, piling up a lion’s share of his passing numbers on intermediate passes that traveled between 10 and 19 yards downfield in the air.

Brees completed 10 of 13 attempts in that range for 252 yards — the second most in a game by any quarterback in that range of the field in the last five seasons, according to Zebra Technologies. He averaged nine air yards per completion and 10.4 air yards per attempt, both of which were season highs.

It's not a secret. Drew Brees has been losing his arm for years. There's a reason y'all need Sir Slantsalot.

very true. Without him there is no telling how few wins we would have this year. And attacking the best receiver in the game with check down and slant comments really shows how much you know about the game. Right there in Falcon fan territory

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom