Drew's generosity brings Hoda to tears on Today Show live interview (1 Viewer)

I don’t disagree with that.
I do stand by my assertion that they make entirely too much money when comparatively our teachers, first responders and deployed soldiers etc. barely survive. But that certainly isn’t his fault. It’s ours.
My father has a Masters and taught for 33 years, winning teacher of the year multiple times. He made about 50K a year.
I made 6 figures as a shop foreman in the heavy truck industry with a GED. That’s also backwards, imo.

Regardless I think Drew would be successful and a kind wonderful human being no matter what path he chose.
He’s a special person. Thankful these using his platform in a good way, as usual.

Missed the it's our fault....agreed...

I stand by a different assertion. They make entirely too much money because the billionaire owners make entirely too much money. In the end, it is demand driven, if the fans are willing to fill the stadiums at hundreds of dollars per ticket and the TV ratings are high then massive dollars are going to flow....

As short as most careers are, it doesn't bother me one bit that they try and make as much as they can....Besides, what is the alternative, if the players get paid less then it just goes into the owners pockets and you better believe they are not paying more than they can afford....in the end because of the demand the fans lose....

Missed the it's our fault....agreed...

I stand by a different assertion. They make entirely too much money because the billionaire owners make entirely too much money. In the end, it is demand driven, if the fans are willing to fill the stadiums at hundreds of dollars per ticket and the TV ratings are high then massive dollars are going to flow....

As short as most careers are, it doesn't bother me one bit that they try and make as much as they can....Besides, what is the alternative, if the players get paid less then it just goes into the owners pockets and you better believe they are not paying more than they can afford....in the end because of the demand the fans lose....

Oh I agree ?. I don’t blame them at all. Not one bit.

I don't think we can say that with any confidence. It is football that has given him the platform to be this kind of person and his ability to "throw a football well" has put him in the financial position to make such a donation.
Certainly none of us know what goes on behind closed doors but what I see is a man who loves his wife. I see a man who loves his kids. What I see is a man who has NEVER had a hint of scandal. What I see is a man who was blessed with extraordinary talent that has made him wealthy. And he has used his fame to help others.. This is not even close to the first time he has stepped up philanthropically.

Oh and I also see the GOAT on the football field

He seems to be an incredible person. Very proud that he’s been our QB.

Having said that, $5 million is like what, a dollar for him at the end of the day?
It’s not his fault that he gets paid waaaay too much money to throw a football.?
And it’s still awesome that he donates at all. I’m sure many don’t.
Actually, he makes 25 M so thats 20% of his salary. That would be like $7,000 for someone who makes 35k.

Certainly none of us know what goes on behind closed doors but what I see is a man who loves his wife. I see a man who loves his kids. What I see is a man who has NEVER had a hint of scandal. What I see is a man who was blessed with extraordinary talent that has made him wealthy. And he has used his fame to help others.. This is not even close to the first time he has stepped up philanthropically.

I don't disagree with any of that.

Great post.
He seems to genuinely be a good person. That’s so much more important than football.
It doesn’t hurt that he’s an amazing QB too tho. ?

He seems to be an incredible person. Very proud that he’s been our QB.

Having said that, $5 million is like what, a dollar for him at the end of the day?
It’s not his fault that he gets paid waaaay too much money to throw a football.?
And it’s still awesome that he donates at all. I’m sure many don’t.
You obviously don't believe in capitalism.

She was talking about Drew's generosity and setting the example and suddenly it was all just too much.
I think that her connection with Drew and what's currently going on in NOLA and New York probably brought memories flooding back from Katrina.

Hoda loves NOLA and NOLA certainly loves her!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom