Drew's passer rating for Lions game.. (1 Viewer)

I found it 137.00 not for that interception it would have be higher.

Surprisingly, Tony Romo currently leads all quarterbacks with a 140.6 passer rating despite the fact that Drew Brees threw for more yards, twice the number of touchdowns and a higher completion percentage on Sunday. Brees' 137.0 passer rating was brought down by his one interception. What's a guy gotta do?

Romo completed less than 60% of his passes, while Brees completed over 75%. I think the three more TD passes should make up for the INT, but I don't know how QB rating is calculated.

Here is a good situational breakdown of Drew's passer rating. 157.6 in the second half.

Romo completed less than 60% of his passes, while Brees completed over 75%. I think the three more TD passes should make up for the INT, but I don't know how QB rating is calculated.

Nobody does.

Don't worry. Romo will get his share of picks when he plays a good defense.

Passer Rating is kind of a silly amalgamation of stats without regard to situation. Still, there are four criteria for a "perfect" rating of 158.3:
--- at least 12.5 yards/attempt
--- at least .11875 TDs/attempt (one TD every ~8.42 passes)
--- 0 interceptions
--- 77.5% completion percentage

Exceeding any of those stats won't increase your rating (so you can't make up one category with another). In particular, throwing 25 ten yard TDs on 25 attempts will be less than a "perfect" game via passer rating because the YPA would be less than 12.5 in that case. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom