Driving drunk on the Causeway (1 Viewer)

Have you?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Have you ever? If you have lets hear the details like hitting the curb and saying to yourself
if I do this one more time I'm gonna die a really slow drowning type of death only to hit it again. Or at least making it the whole way with one eye opened. Probably not pc but I have done it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Kin, mate please don't ever drink and drive. It may seem like fun for a while but sooner or later it will be a bad thing. I don't drive at all even though I have a driver license and what not. We all do stupid things sometimes, pranks on college classmates is a personal favorite.

don't risk your life man, its too sacred if you know what I mean and you probably do

A VW Bug at 14 headin back from Lee Circle after a FULL day of Mardi Gras stupidity in which I hurled on Robert E Lee himself, I have not a clue how we got all the way back to Mandeville...............and I drove.:covri:

Kin, mate please don't ever drink and drive. It may seem like fun for a while but sooner or later it will be a bad thing. I don't drive at all even though I have a driver license and what not. We all do stupid things sometimes, pranks on college classmates is a personal favorite.

don't risk your life man, its too sacred if you know what I mean and you probably do

Dude your 100% right when I first started drinkingking I was about 14 and then I started drinking and driving around 15-16. I did that for a long time until maybe 3 years ago when my children started getting a little older and I realized(with some intervention from my old lady)that it really was a terrible habit. Since then I have done it a few times but just on the borderline of being over the limit. Such as a drink at dinner or a couple beers after work with the guys before a 5 minute ride to the house.

I know to well what you mean.

I can't think of anything more ignorant for someone to do.............

It's one thing to harm yourself if you choose, however why put innocent people at risk?

And risk a lengthy prison sentence for yourself as well................

If you haven't been the slightest bit buzzed and you drove, then you are no different.

Thankfully, I have a great pub transpo at the ready.

I envy your will power.

It hasn't been that difficult to do. I just happen to live in an area where you don't see much alcohol. Most of the counties in North Arkansas are dry, so you don't see it being sold in stores, etc....

Nobody in my family drinks, so I was just never around it. I did have friends in school who would drink, but I never felt any pressure to join in.....

Also, I always felt like I couldn't afford to lose any of the few brain cells I had at my disposal :sbob:

A VW Bug at 14 headin back from Lee Circle after a FULL day of Mardi Gras stupidity in which I hurled on Robert E Lee himself, I have not a clue how we got all the way back to Mandeville...............and I drove.:covri:

lol Why does it seem like every high school kid in Mandehood in the late 80s/early 90s liked to hang around Lee Circle at Mardi Gras?? :dunno:

Bro I was all about the Lee circle until I ventured away from my parents and started drunk driving.

I would be lying if I said I have never driven drunk across the causeway. What is a teenage kid supposed to do after Mardi Gras when he isn't old enough to get a hotel room? I know, not drink and I know stupid.

I honestly think the bored cops in Mandeville cause an increase in teenage drunk driving across the causeway. Anytime we tried to have a party or gather some place the cops would runs us off. Guess where we went. Doesn't make drunk driving right or the cops fault but it does (or did) happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom