Driving out of the Dome last night (1 Viewer)

FlySaint

Carving up the skies!!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
New routing departing from my parking garage was terrible. Instead of getting directly on the interstate we were forced to go Cypress to Galvez to Tulane. So instead of 20 minutes to get on I-10 it took over an hour. Anyone else get fragged by the new routing scheme?

sounds awful. but i don't know why anyone parks in that garage anyway.. 15 minute walk to the OC Haley area and you can be outta there in 5-10 minutes. you couldn't pay me to park in the dome garages.

New routing departing from my parking garage was terrible. Instead of getting directly on the interstate we were forced to go Cypress to Galvez to Tulane. So instead of 20 minutes to get on I-10 it took over an hour. Anyone else get fragged by the new routing scheme?

Actually I find that way quicker to go rather than sitting in gridlock on I-10. Especially after day games taking Tulane to Airline moves much easier . An even smoother route is Loyola to Earhart .

I think it may have been temporary. ESPN production trucks were using Girod Street and the Arena loading dock. The Beyoncé concert on Saturday had a lot to do with why the trucks were set up there instead of in Dome.

Which Dome garage were you in? 6? I pick up parking passes from a member here for the few games they can't make (including last night) located in Garage 6, Row C. I saw the email for the updated egress traffic last night and was anticipating getting stuck in traffic but for some reason they let us exit our normal way, crossing Sugar Bowl Dr. and turning left on Poydras before merging onto I-10W.

I was confused as well because for the last preseason game, they didn't let us take that route and made us turn left on Sugar Bowl Dr. before turning right along the backside of the Dome and getting on I-10 from there (which is the I-10 access I assume they had closed for last night?)

Sounds a lot like the game scheme, mass confusion

I always got out fast, I agree the new deal is bad

I got stuck in that mess exiting garage 6. We are on 1st level and are normally on the interstate within 5 minutes of leaving our seats.

I could have understood if the entire exit to the interstate was closed, but cars from the other side of the dome were being allowed on like normal. The only thing stopping us were police cars, not MNF trucks.

Instead we got forced onto Tulane Ave traffic with what seemed like the entire contents of the dome traffic.

I was Gararge 6...hopefully the "new" flow was one-time thing...

I switched from garage 6 to 5 this year and man what a difference. I cruised right out from my ground level spot and was home (uptown) in about 15 minutes. Not sure it will be that easy every game, but it was pretty sweet...

Along these lines, does anyone have any idea when S&WB ever going to re-open ground level east bound Claiborne at Perdido? It's been over a year, the hole was dug and fixed, but the barricades remain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom