Drones in U.S. skies: Are you ok with this? (2 Viewers)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Drones are taking to the skies in the U.S. - latimes.com

While a national debate has erupted over the Obama administration's lethal drone strikes overseas, federal authorities have stepped up efforts to license surveillance drones for law enforcement and other uses in U.S. airspace, spurring growing concern about violations of privacy.

The Federal Aviation Administration said Friday it had issued 1,428 permits to domestic drone operators since 2007, far more than were previously known. Some 327 permits are still listed as active.

Operators include police, universities, state transportation departments and at least seven federal agencies. The remotely controlled aircraft vary widely, from devices as small as model airplanes to large unarmed Predators.

The FAA, which has a September 2015 deadline from Congress to open the nation's airspace to drone traffic, has estimated 10,000 drones could be aloft five years later. The FAA this week solicited proposals to create six sites across the country to test drones, a crucial step before widespread government and commercial use is approved.

More in article

I have no problem with it. The government is only trying to protect us from the boogie men out there and the politicians only have our best interest at heart, I mean they dedicate their lives to serving the public.

America: Land of the Free*

*except for having more people in prison than any other country in the world. And the flying robots monitoring your every move. And the government being able to detain you without due process because they invoke the vague term "terrorist."

I'm definitely NOT ok with this. I can't even joke about being fine with it.

I hope one of these days the government get crushed by its ppl. They want to sink the country and blame it on the ppl as to why it's like it is. Sounds like poor quality control if you ask me. But they won't ever admit it. The only thing they see is money.

Soon they'll be using them in La to catch speeders.

That seems like the pricey option when they could just require every vehicle get an RFID tag installed as part of their inspection then set up a bunch of towers to ping those tags at every point that they may be on the roadway. I am sure you could set them up to broadcast the vehicles speed along with weather the seat-belts are buckled, if the inspection and registration are valid, etc. Yay...

I am definitely against these drones. As a country,we are going to hell in a handbasket. It almost makes me glad I am not 30 years younger.

me too man.. but then they could not have people just dissapear.... government don't want that I promise you.

Not ok. I'm afraid we have reached a point in this country where we are going to have to quit asking and start telling politicians what are and aren't ok with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom