Poll Drop preseason or shorten regular season and more (1 Viewer)

Some questions about the NFL response to Covid-1. You can select multiple responses you agree with

• If the NFL needs to delay the start I prefer eliminating the preseason.

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • If the NFL needs to delay the start I prefer shortening the regular season.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I will attend games when they start.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I will not attend games as long as people are still getting Covid -19

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • If they decide to play to empty stadiums I want them to go ahead with the season

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • If they decide to play to empty stadiums I'd rather they cancel the 2020 season altogeather

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • We should not be thinking about something a trivial as sports until this epidemic is completely over

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • We need the diversion of sports to help us cope with the fallout from this pandemic

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I doing ok, staying safe and coping

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I have two feelings about this thing.

1. It dies down in May (end of flu season) and we have a vaccine in November. This scenario is optimistic but I still think very realistic.

2. Something above doesn't happen. In that case, everyone will get exposed eventually. It's just a matter of keeping hospitals free. May as well build crowd immunity at that point. Even if you stay home you'll eventually come into contact with it.

I don't think everyone actually gets effects from this though. This thing spread like wildfire around the world. Yet after each region hits around 1% of positive tests, it tapers off.

For the 0.07% of the population that this has been fatal for it sucks. I really hope option 1 happens. If the 2nd happens the at risk will just have to be extra careful but they will be exposed eventually. No amount of locking down the population will prevent it the way this thing spread to every region.

With that said if they open stadiums I would go. Either things are settled or I won't live in fear of the inevitable.

If we have to cancel the season or even shorten or delay it, we will have much bigger problems than the virus and sports. So I'm going with a normal preseason and normal regular season, which was not 1 of your choices. Surely we will find a way to return to normalcy by then, even if we have to get the torches and pitchforks. Well, make that smartphones and baseball bats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom