Dropped passes (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
Something I hope is a focus coming out of the Bye is dropped passes.

This chart shows that we are tied for 2nd in the League for drops, along with a bunch of other offenses that have struggled.

Dropped Passes by Quarterback: 2016 NFL Season

Drops have killed several important drives and could easily have turned one or more of our losses into wins. Too often, we blame the defense without thinking much about the offense, since the stats tell us to do so but sometimes a critical third down conversion is more important that long, yard racking drives.

It looks like our biggest offenders are Cadet, Fleener, and Coleman, all with 2 drops and under 13 targets.

As a side note, we've only had 3 drops against us all year, second fewest in the League.

Fleener has got to be more aggressive when catching the ball. He is so easily guarded. Too many of his targets are incomplete.

I was impressed with Coleman last game. He caught a crossing route in the 1st half that is usually a drop for him. Hopefully he's coming around.

Something I hope is a focus coming out of the Bye is dropped passes.

This chart shows that we are tied for 2nd in the League for drops, along with a bunch of other offenses that have struggled.

Dropped Passes by Quarterback: 2016 NFL Season

Drops have killed several important drives and could easily have turned one or more of our losses into wins. Too often, we blame the defense without thinking much about the offense, since the stats tell us to do so but sometimes a critical third down conversion is more important that long, yard racking drives.

It looks like our biggest offenders are Cadet, Fleener, and Coleman, all with 2 drops and under 13 targets.

As a side note, we've only had 3 drops against us all year, second fewest in the League.

That is pretty much the three that came to mind. Coleman and Cadet I can kind of not be too mad about but Fleener and that big contract he got is not a good look. :rant:

That is pretty much the three that came to mind. Coleman and Cadet I can kind of not be too mad about but Fleener and that big contract he got is not a good look. :rant:

He came up big in the last two games.

Coleman is either feast or famine, he either extends drives or pops the ball up for easy ints.

Cadet seems to be getting better at the plays they ask him to run.

It's time to start getting guys lime Tommy Lee and Lasco more involved. They are showing some good traits.

As a whole, our offense is getting better week to week though.

Fleener has got to be more aggressive when catching the ball. He is so easily guarded. Too many of his targets are incomplete.

I was impressed with Coleman last game. He caught a crossing route in the 1st half that is usually a drop for him. Hopefully he's coming around.

Coleman looks like he is fighting for the ball the last 2 games instead of being passive and waiting for it. He has improved this season for sure.

On a positive note, Thomas had his 1st drop this week right? The only other I can think of was actually batted away from him I think.

Drew has been under more pressure than most seasons. He's having to throw the ball earlier, which can slightly upset the routes. It can put the ball in locations where the receiver is not expecting it to be. Not making excuses for our receivers, just saying a surprise location is not as easy to catch as in the location practiced.

Just another reason why the Saints are 1-3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom